Jane Austin Night

Last Saturday we went on a date.  This was no ordinary date.  This was a Pride and Prejudice date.  Our friends asked us if we wanted to see the play that Shenandoah University (which is here in Winchester) was doing.  I have read the book many times, seeing the BBC and Kiera Knightly versions I'm not sure how many times, but I had never seen it dramatized so I was excited. 

We had some Chinese take out at our house beforehand (since I'm still nursing Anna to sleep-bad I know-I wanted to be home for as long as possible).  The play really was a lot of fun.  The girl that played Elizabeth was super good.  And Mrs. Bennet was a hoot!  Really they were all good, although I wasn't a fan of Mr. Darcy's somewhat whiny voice (if there was ever a character that needed to not be whiny it would be Mr. Darcy!!).

On facebook, Erin made a comment that Erik must really love me, and I agree.  He enjoys theater, but he's more of a fast paced musical kind of guy, not Regency period piece.  He now says that we have to go to the stock car races or something to that extant ..  . we'll see about that one :)

Comments

Kaitlin said…
You guys both look so great in that picture. Josh would have totally fallen asleep during that play...and I rpobably would have, too. I've never even read the book!
Molly said…
so fun! i mean really, does it get much better than pride and prejudice?! and honestly jenny, what a beautiful picture of you! (ha facebook profile pic now!)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures