A Mouse in the House?

My house was been a freaky place the past few days.  On Thursday night while Erik was driving home from the temple, I was laying on the couch playing on the computer/phone when I saw a dark shadow run across the kitchen.  I leapt up and saw . . . . a mouse.  I immediately hopped up onto the kitchen table where I cried into the phone and pleaded with Erik to get some mouse traps and bring them home, pronto!  We caught one that night.  Then Saturday night we caught another.  Then on Monday evening while we were getting the kids ready for bed, I heard Wyatt scream in terror, followed shortly by Jackson's horrified scream. They saw a baby mouse.  Well where there's one baby mouse, there are more.  Erik found three huddled in the corner of the basement and whacked them all with a box- yeeeeuckkkkk!!!!

So you'd think that would be enough right?  Oh no there is more!  Erik found another baby last night and killed it, and then last night another adult was killed in one of our traps.  That brings the grand total to 3 adult mice killed and 4 babies.  In all of our google researching, we've learned that really traps are the best/only way to go.  So, I'm hoping we kill all of them soon- if nothing else so I can start using the basement again, which has been completely abandoned for the time being.

Comments

Kaitlin said…
Oh, Jenny! I'm terrified for you right now!
Molly said…
whoa whoa whoa! this was so sickening!!!! i can't believe how many and are those the real mice from your house in the picture?! gross!!! even though it is so creepy and i want them all dead for you, i was still sad when you said erik crushed the babies with the box...we had a mouse once, years ago in hughson and i wanted it DEAD!! i was terrified! we set the mouse trap and one night we were watching tv and SNAP went the trap and you could hear it suffering and then die..yep totally cried...hahah but really mice do NOT belong in the house!
kathryn said…
Don't you feel so violated somehow? That's how I felt when we had a mouse in P.G. It's such a creepy feeling! Are mice more common in humid areas? Is that a dumb question :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures