Mother's Day

Well, it's a shame that Father's Day follows Mother's Day so quickly, because I don't think I can measure up to what Erik did- he and the kids made me feel so special!  (I'll try my best to make his Father's Day great too ;) ). 
As soon as I woke up, Jackson and Wyatt were eager to bring me their presents that they made.  It was fun to see the seed that Jackson had nurtured in his kindergarten class the past couple of months finally make it home (it was suppose to be a surprise, but somehow the info got leaked a few weeks ago).  Wyatt drew me an adorable picture.  Is there anything better than seeing the pride on your kids' faces as they give you a gift they made??  The boys convinced Erik to get me the thing I've wanted for 8 years now: an ice cream maker.  I dropped some not so subtle hints to them during one of our Target trips a couple of months ago- haha.  Erik also added to our Friday Night Lights collection with season 4.
After church, Erik prepared a yummy burger dinner.  I usually eat black bean burgers when we grill burgers for dinner, but this time I branched out and just had a good ol' fashioned greasy cheeseburger.  And it was delicious :)

We also tried to get a good picture of the kids and me.  It wasn't a smashing success.  I sure do love those little people!

I am so thankful for the mothers in my life.  For my own mother, who taught me by example how to love and be kind.  For my mother in law who is a great source of support, love, and example.  For the endless examples of mothering I see among my siblings, my in laws, and friends.  It really is nice to have a day set aside to remember all of this!


Comments

Molly said…
i'm glad you had such a happy mothers day jenny...you are one of the best moms i have ever known

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures