Christmas Eve

After playing in the snow on Christmas Eve, the boys and I decorated our gingerbread house (Erik was doing the typical husband thing and Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve :) )  It was a good thing Anna was taking a nap at the time, because decorating those things was stressful enough with the two!  I guess it's just one of those things that you do as a parent :)

Around 4:00 Erik went to pick up the tamales from a local Mexican "restaurant"  I was really surprised that no grocery store or Costco didn't carry tamales.  We've had tamales for Christmas a couple of years, and I really like that tradition though, so we got a tip from Manuel from ProBuild on where to find them.
So anyway, we invited the Stakers and a couple of guys from work over for our Christmas Eve dinner/program.  Derek made some delicious guacamole that went great with the tamales.  Oh and Brittany brought over some yummy cookie sandwiches too :)
After eating, we started our program.  First up was singing Christmas carols with the jingle bell gloves.  


Some of the bells pop off the gloves quite regularly. I really need to reinforce those things!  We also tried out the chimes which was hilarious.  We had little kids that were not quite willing to wait their turn and wanting to keep chiming their note.  We also had guys that had never heard the song "Jingle Bells!"  All together it sounded great :)

Brittany brought a fun game of two teams decorating a "Christmas tree" Antonio (and I can't remember the other guy's name!) were the lucky trees!



The end result. I'm pretty sure Camri and Austin won.


Brittany also brought over a minute-to-win-it type game of linking candy canes.  The kids were pretty excited to eat them :)

And I was super duper excited to eat my Sees box!  Seriously, I already want another box, but I guess I need to wait until next year.  It's a good thing that they don't have Sees out here!

Our nativity play was hilarious too.  I love how our costumes are pretty much only bathrobes!  I really need to step up my game.  I'm pretty sure Jackson was one of the wise men, Austin a shepherd, Wyatt was Joseph, Camri was Mary, and Anna and Maiya were angels.




After everyone left the kids were able to open their book that told them their secret name.  This year Jackson was Mr. Moris Lesmore, Wyatt was Pete the Cat, and Anna was Hippo.  It was fun reading them their books for their bed time stories.


They also got to open up some Christmas jammies!


So cozy!

Ha Anna cracks me up in this picture.  I wish I got a family shot, because this year Erik and I got jammies too.  We didn't match the kids (no footies for me thank you), but we were super cozy :)

Comments

Molly said…
we did the same gingerbread house ;) love your sees box..i got a big box of truffles too and seriously ate them all myself!! (oh this poor sugar infused baby)..and love the cozy jammies

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures