Cookie Drop Off/Caroling
Last Monday, I hosted the second annual treat drop off/caroling. Haha that makes it sound official and important. Really it's just having some families over, we each contribute something to a treat plate, and then we drop them off at ward member's houses that are close to us. I never would have thought when we moved to Virginia that I would live in a neighborhood that has 19 different Mormon families within a couple mile radius- crazy!
About 35 people came (kids and adults) and everyone brought really yummy treats. Earlier in the day Amanda, Stephanie, and the kids came over to make our treats. It's always more fun to make food with friends! :)
Since there was a 90% chance of rain, Erik didn't want to get the straw so we didn't have the trailer to sit on. That meant we split into two groups to sing and deliver our plates. Our group fit in the back of the truck which made it fun (and chilly!).
Keeping warm. (I think the flash was a little bright for Wyatt)
After we dropped everything off, we came back for some hot cocoa. The cocoa was a fail and made me realize you just shouldn't mess with a simple classic. I always like the cocoa recipe that is on the back of a Hershey's cocoa box. However, I decided to try and be fancy and went with some food blog's "ultra thick and creamy hot chocolate" It was basically half cream, half milk, plus sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips- that's it! I seriously couldn't even drink it-- it was way too rich! Of course, I made about a billion servings. Erik dumped out all of the remaining at the end of the night. So yeah, it was a fail. Oh well, something to keep me humble! :)
Comments