New Floors
Two weeks ago we got some hardwood flooring put in the house. It was super exciting for me to finally get rid of our least favorite carpet ever!
Tuesday night, Erik ripped out the old stuff.
The kids thought the empty family room was so much!
The biggest challenge of it all was staying out of the house for three days. Luckily I had enough errands and fun places to take the kids to keep us busy. I also have to admit it was nice not preparing any food and going out for almost every meal :) (however that was the not the best thing for our health!)
Wednesday, we went to the Dulles mall. After Jackson got home from school we tried staying in the basement, but it was way too stinky! Our travel trailer really came in handy and that became our little home for the night, parked on our driveway.
Thursday, we had play group at the library, visisting teaching, and sweet frog at night to keep us out of the house :)
Friday morning was McDonald's for breakfast. By this time I was sooooo sick of eating out. Seriously, I craved my usual bowl of oatmeal something fierce! Very thankfully, the Stakers invited us over for dinner that night so we actually got one home cooked meal. It was so nice!
Friday afternoon, Wyatt, Anna, Camri, and I went to Kidz Play. The place was super empty, so I went on all of the slides, and bouncy things. It was so much fun :)
And then finally the floors were done. We got wood put in the upstairs hallway, the family room, and the rest of the wood floors were sanded and refinished to match. They turned out great. Someday, when I actually think of it and those rooms are clean, I will take "after pictures"
Comments