Class Party
Friday capped off an extremelty busy week for me that included the cookie/caroling party, 3 visiting teaching appointments, a YW presidency meeting, making and dropping off neighbor treats, treat plates for bus driver, mail carrier, and playroom at the gym workers, teacher gift, hosting the progressive dinner, dog sitting, and a hair appointment (OK that was a fun one, just getting there is always hard!). It seemed to all culminate with Jackson's class party which I was in charge of. At the beginning of the year, Mrs. Younkin kept sending home notes that she still needed a room parent. Being the naive parent that I am, I volunteered. Well I figured out why no one wants to be room parent. People are more than happy to help, but to be the one in charge is just a lot of extra work for no added reward. The Christmas party really wasn't too bad, just a lot of coordinating and back and forth emails really. The kids ate cupcakes, juice boxes, and grapes. Played a couple of games, and I led them in making a super simple Rudolph ornament. Being at the party was a lot of fun. And a huge thank you to Brittany for watching Anna and Wyatt so I could go!!
Getting to be with this kid in class makes it all worth it!
All in all, I think I let myself get involved in too many things for one week (for me). I am so very excited to enjoy this Christmas week with very little to do! :)
Comments