Christmas!
Christmas morning started early with Anna waking up at 5:30am! She kind of went back to sleep in our bed, but then Wyatt woke up at 6:00 so it was pretty much all over sleep-wise!
Wyatt, Anna, and I hung out in the guest room while we waited for Erik and Jackson to wake up.
All lined up and ready to go! (scary picture of me, but too cute of the kids to leave out)
Santa's loot
The video we took of them seeing their Santa gifts is so cute. As soon as Wyatt saw the rocket ship he was so excited in a "I knew it would happend" sort of way :)
And Anna wasted no time in cooking us some some food in her "new" kitchen.
Jackson was really excited to see how his remote control helicopter worked.
Anna, hearing the noise from the helicopter, was a little nervous :)
Checking out the stockings.
Anna loved her Little People princesses!
Ring pop!
And then the opening began! They only had a few things to open this year, but they enjoyed each and every one. It is so much fun to be a parent of little kids on Christmas!
Erik and I got a couple too :)
Anna's new baby from Grammy and Poppy
Imaginext villan robot form Grammy and Poppy
This little purse was so cute from Grandmother and Grandpa. There was even a little tiny photo album with all 5 of our pictures in it.
The big family present this year was the wii. We have really struggled with our decision to get one, but finally decided the time was right. I must admit that it has been really fun so far. My favorite game of course is Just Dance 4 :)
And the boys love Mario Kart :)
More game playing
That's pretty much how spent the rest of the afternoon playing, playing, and playing. I'm a little obsessed with Anna's Little People princess castle. It so much fun :)
Early in the evening, the Johnson's drove out from McClean. We were so happy to have them over! For some reason I didn't take a single picture. We ate a yummy ham dinner and mostly hung out. I had the kids do the white elephant game that we do at Erik's parent's house. Instead of having them have to worry about bringing presents I just bought a bunch of stuff at the dollar store. The game went OK. I actually think part of the fun for the kids is to pick the stuff out, so the Johnson kids missed out I guess. They really are great friends though, and super easy to hang out with. It was a great end to our Christmas day!
Comments