Myrtle Beach Adventure Part 1
A couple of months ago, I was asked by my friend Anne to join her and her kids for a few days in Myrtle Beach. They were planning a vacation and the first few days, her husband was still going to be doing some military training in North Carolina so wondered if we would keep them company. I was more than willing to do that :)
We started our journey (about an 8 hour drive) on March 24 at about 7:30 am. To get out of the house that early, in our church clothes, with everything packed, was quite the feat let me tell you! Erik helped with what he could, but he was actually rushing out the door to a bishopric meeting and then he was going to straight from the church to the airport for a work trip. So he had his own packing to do!
Anyway, the trip wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the easiest either. Apparently driving during the first part of the day, requires many many bathroom breaks. It was also raining super hard for a big majority of the drive. And we missed the church we were planning on going to do in Richmond. And Anna peed all over dress during a diaper change and had to be naked for a few hours. So that's about how it went :)
We finally got there about 6:45 pm (yup that 8 hour drive turned into an 11 hour drive). We made some dinner, checked out the rooms, and went to sleep.
The next day we all decided to check out one of the beaches. We went Myrtle Beach State Park, and while pretty, it was cold!
Yes, it was cold enough to wear a puffy coat to the beach!
We then checked out Myrtle Beach's boardwalk. It was kind of cute in a 1960s kitschy sort of way. Along the boardwalk there were lots of touristy museums and things. We picked the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum. Jackson claims to have loved the museum, but there were lots of freaky things in there and Wyatt and Anna were not to fond of it. (Though Wyatt was pretty impressed with this giant Optimus Prime!)
weird fake mummified hands
Robots. The thing I didn't like it about it was it was mostly like circus freak people (bearded lady, giant man, etc). Well it was like the wax circus freak people- even freakier
The arcade at the end of the museum was a bigger hit with the kids.
On the short drive home, Anna was out! Anne kept the bigger kids in the condo, while I stayed with Anna in the car. It is times like these, where I'm so thankful for my garage that can safely house sleeping toddler :)
Love her just-woke-up-rosy-cheeks
Even though, it was pretty chilly (mid 50s with a wind), the kids were determined to go swimming. They actually had a great time, because the pool was heated and there was a hot tub.
After dinner, I took the boys to a mini golf spot. I guess Myrtle Beach is the "mini golf capital of the world". Pretty funny- there were mini golf places on every single corner it seemed like.
As you can see, I took pity on Jackson (who had insisted he wasn't cold and didn't need a jacket before we left) and I gave him my coat. Luckily I did have a thin sweatshirt- the things we gladly do for our kids! :)
Cameron, Jackson, and Wyatt were quite the mini golfers. Well actually, Wyatt got bored with the whole process after about 3 holes, but he did great on those three! Jackson and Cameron (he's just a year older than Jackson) were quite competitive and kept asking me what the score was. I had to tell them, that mini golf is really just about having fun! It was fun hanging out with these boys!
+



























Comments