Trying to Blog
So I have to admit, I'm pretty frustrated my laptop is still out of commission Erik asked/hired a guy at work who likes to tinker with computers to fix it and it he happily agreed. However, since it's just his hobby and not his job, it's taking quite a bit longer than I would have imagined. I haven't had it since January! I think because, it is someone at work, Erik doesn't want to keep asking about it, but I'm getting quite antsy. Bills and blogs are just so much harder on a desktop computer that is not centrally located. So obviously, I have cut way down on my blogging during this time. In some ways, to be honest, it's been a nice break. I was kind of growing tired with blogging (my own and the whole concept of "mommy blogging" in general). It's been nice at the end of the day, to just not worry about catching up on the blog or having my nose in the computer while Erik and I are trying to watch a show or whatever. But, I've decided that in the end, blogging is a great way to journal and keep in touch with family and friends. The other day, Anna and Wyatt were looking through our past blog books and I was reminded of so many great things-- things that I may not have remembered on my own. For the book along, I think my blogging efforts are worth it. I'm also really missing seeing what my family and friends are up to. I didn't realize how much I used blogging to feel connected to people that live so far. So bottom line, I am So. Ready. For. My. Laptop.
Here are some pictures that were on my camera from the past few weeks:
This past Conference weekend was one of the best we've had as a family. I felt like I was able to really get something out of the talks and the kids stayed pretty happy through it all. I also was so thankful for Erik who planned his Saturday around conference (without me reminding him, haha). Anyway, basically I just really felt the Spirit in our home all weekend, and in a household full of active children that (often) argue this was indeed a huge blessing. Our food was pretty good too! I tried doing having some healthier food out than we normally do for Conference. Instead of only having candy for the game where you get a certain something when a particular word is said, it was mostly healthy options (popcorn, pretzels, grapes, and then 2 kinds of candy). Our munchie food was shrimp cocktail, veggies, and proscuitto/chesse crackers. For brunch on Sunday, we had monkey bread, eggs, and fruit. Anyway, food is always what helps make Conference right ;)
Jackson worked so hard on his lego plane. I was pretty happy that he hadn't finished it yet (he got if for his birthday), because this was the perfect "busy hands" activity during Conference.








Comments