Myrtle Beach Adventure Part 3

Wednesday started off a little rough.  Well we had a delicious breakfast (Anne made pancakes), but the kids seemed to be rubbing each other the wrong way.  Anne finally decided that her kids needed a "chill day." (It does seem like the third day of vacation is sometimes the hardest for kids).  While my kids could have used a  "chill day" too, I also wanted to let them play at the beach one last time.

So we drove to a beautiful one! Huntington Beach state park is just a few miles away from Myrtle Beach and it was by far, my favorite thing of the whole trip. I'm sure part of the reason was the weather was finally warm!  On the way there, Wyatt and Anna fell asleep so Jackson and I tried to keep each other company for about an hour while we let the other two sleep.



Love this silly boy!

After they woke up, we rode/walked to a cool castle that is on the park grounds.




Atalaya, was a house built in the 1920s for a really cool, artistic couple that made Myrtle Beach their second home alongside NYC.  They modeled it after castles that were built hundreds of years ago in the Mediterranean (?? Oh shoot now I can't remember!)




It was really fun and informative.  The boys loved exploring all of the different rooms!

Finally some beach time!!  Like I said, the weather was great, and everyone enjoyed playing, digging, and chasing waves.






















Unfortunately, we couldn't stay too long because we had tickets to a pirate dinner show in Myrtle Beach!  I wish we had had more time at the beach, but I'm definitely not complaining because we were just going from one fun to thing to another!

Evan had driven down that afternoon as well, so it was nice to see the McDonoughs all together!

Anna looks a little concerned :)

It was such a cool show!  It is one of Dolly Parton's many business ventures.  She wrote the music and her company owns the theater, but I was seriously impressed by the level of talent.  The performers were so acrobatic, they were great actors, and they could dance pretty well too!  I was nervous that the special effects would be a little scary for Anna and Wyatt, but they were not bothered at all!



We couldn't have ended our trip on a better note!


Our drive home started early Thursday morning, and went pretty uneventful.  It took about the same time as the trip up, over all, because I just stopped whenever we needed to stop.  Oh and I adored re listening to the first Harry Potter on CD (I listened it the first time when Anna was a little baby while I nursed her. It honestly made getting out of bed at 3am for a feeding almost enjoyable!).

I'm really glad we got this opportunity to take a little vacation.  Of course, it would have been 50 times more fun if Erik had been there.  I actually think this would be a great spot to revisit, so maybe sometime we will go as a whole family!

Comments

Molly said…
glad you guys had a fun time! and at least one day of warmer weather at the beach!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures