Randoms, St. Patrick's Day, and more Randoms

A couple of weeks ago, Erik and I went over to Tyson's Corner to meet up with some of Erik's friends at BYU his freshmen year.  It's pretty funny that so many have ended up around the D.C. area (well, I guess it makes sense since one of his best friends at college, Jimmy grew up here and so he expanded their circle of friends to include other Virginia folks).  Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and we ate some super great Lebanese food.

Oh my goodness, one of the scariest things happened to me the other week.  I was upstairs getting ready and Anna walked into my room with our sharpest knife that we own!!  She had pulled up the step stool to the sink, got it out and carried upstairs, because she wanted me to cut her an apple!!  There were about a million ways that could have gone bad, but miraculously it was fine.  A step stool is pretty much a necessity for a Mom that is 5'2", but hopefully I can keep the knives hidden or something to prevent that from happening again!


Jackson is such a sweet brother to Anna.  When we were painting, I noticed him helping Anna quite a bit.  Warms a mother's heart :)

St. Patrick's Eve (haha is that a thing??) the boys created a leprechaun trap on their own.  I had plans to do something with them, but between getting a YW lesson ready and Anna's birthday stuff ready I just was going to scrap it.  Before they went to bed, Jackson remembered the next day was St. Patrick's Day so he and Wyatt rigged something up.



Too bad it didn't catch that sneaky leprechaun!  It looked as thought Princess Aurora helped him escape, but luckily he left some chocolate coins :)



I guess this is a little order, but the Thursday before St. Patrick's Day I completely cracked my iphone.  Totally my fault too.  It literally slipped out of my fingers while I was trying to set it on the counter and the screen cracked and shattered.  I was pretty sad (though I was able to use a packing tape version of the phone for a couple days)  I set up an appointment at the apple store in Reston, and so after going to the temple as a family on Saturday morning, we stopped there.  I just got a replacement, but sadly I still haven't put been able to retrieve all of the music that was on my phone, because my laptop it STILL not back (thus the no blog updates) and I need to plug my phone into my computer to retrieve all of the music that is not on the cloud . . .anyway . . .bottom line is that my runs have not been as fun without my music.


However, it was a great day to be in Reston!  The shopping center that houses the Apple store had a little carnival set up for St. Patrick's Day, so the kids had a blast.






It was pretty chilly, but still a lot of fun :)



















For playgroup a couple of weeks ago, we went on a field trip to the police station.  It was so much fun and the officers talking to us were so nice (even letting the kids try on the SWAT bullet proof vest!).  However, I think it was also a tour that would have been best for kids a little older.  At one point, the officer received a very loud warning on his walkie talkie that there had just been a bank robbery in Middletown (a few minutes away) and the suspect was described.  Well after that Wyatt was done.  He basically wanted me to hold him the rest of the time, and he didn't want to participate in anything.  I kept reassuring him that the police were going to catch the bank robber very soon and I told him that the bank robber didn't hurt anyone and wouldn't want to.  He seemed pretty shocked by this, and was certain anyone willing to rob a bank would hurt anyone in his path. :( poor guy.





And he wasn't too keen on the really loud siren that the officer demonstrated to us.



Anna and Wyatt were not about to pose for a picture with the other kids.


With his special badge sticker.  You earned it buddy!

Comments

Molly said…
I know I tried to leave a comment on here before, at least I thought I did! I've got some catching up to do :) can't believe anna and that knife!!! thank goodness nothing happened...you remind me of my mom with that footstool :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures