Two Years Old


Anna girl turned two!!  I can't believe it.  Two really is the end of baby hood isn't it?  She's still in diapers though, so at least I have that haha.

Anna is a true delight.  She definitely seems to bring out the sweetness of everyone around her.  She loves her brothers, loves her momma, and loves her daddy!  She loves to play too!  Anything she can make into a game she does.  Her other favorite things to play with are her duplos, puzzles, her kitchen, her little people, and her babies.  She loves books and will often bring me some throughout the day.  It is usually just too darn hard to refuse her.

She loves music and still wants to listen to "Party Samba" from Rio any chance she gets.  Although the song "Don't Bite Your Friends" from Yo Gabba Gabba is quickly approaching the status of most recently requested song.

Her favorite shows follow the song choices, she loves watching Yo and she loves watching Rio.

Oh yeah, and she loves playing Just Dance especially the Call Me Maybe and You Don't Know Your Beautiful songs :)


I would say she talks pretty well for her age.  She definitely talks more than we are used to for a barely two year old.  Though, I'm sure much of what she says is only discernible to me or Erik.  (isn't it a shame that these pictures are blury.  I love her laughing face so much I decided to put them in anyway)


Some of her favorite foods are chocolate milk, pizza!, fruit, corn, Mickey Mouse nuggets :), yogurt, most kinds of cereal, edamame beans, and ice cream,oh and most other forms of sugar and candy (though I just learned that she hates Jelly Bellys- go figure).

She's pretty social to other kids, but also shy at the same time.  She loves Wanda at the gym (the grandmother lady that does an absolutely wonderful job of watching the kids).  She'll mention Wanda's name often when she sees some kind of book they read together or puzzle they did.  She also talks about her nursery teachers Sister Whitcomb and Sister Shake.  I know that she feels loved by them and I'm so thankful for that loving circle of support that surrounds her.

Her sleeping is pretty consistent.  I finally weaned her in January and so we had to figure out a way to put her to sleep all over again.  What finally worked is one of those mobiles that light up on the ceiling and play music.  She really loves that thing.  She usually goes to be bed around 7:30/7:45 and wakes up at 6:45.  Sometimes she'll wake up at 4, and Erik is always able to put her back to sleep quickly.  I must be a pushover or something, because if I go on, she won't go back to sleep and ends up sleeping on my neck in our bed (comfy!).  Her naps became extinct when she was weaned, but if we are in the car in the afternoon, she most likely will fall asleep.


She loves being outside and with our freakishly cold and snowy March, she hasn't been out as much she likes.  I'm sure she's really looking forward to consistent warm weather (as am I!).  
What else is there to say, but that I am astonished and grateful that I get to be her mother and get to know the wonderful person she is.  Love you Anna Marie!!



Comments

Molly said…
happy birthday to darling anna! so cute about her and the books...reminds me of you telling me how'd you try to follow Jackson when he was little to get him to listen to books bc he didn't want to sit still!! so funny

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures