Busy Friday

My busy Friday started on Thursday evening, with a drive to Girl's Camp.  I had an absolute blast and I'm pretty grateful that my church calling allows me to hang out with these amazing girls.  Maybe some year, I will go up for a whole week, but for now I'm content with going up on the Thursday which is when they do the YCL activity and ward devotional.  This year's activities were just superb; the friendly, loving, fun, spiritual atmosphere that is found at Girl's Camp is so unique.

On Friday our playgroup activity was going to Capacon State Park, about 30 minutes away.  There's a really nice lake with a sandy beach that is perfect for families.

My bathing beauty 





  Handsome Wyatt

Brothers!















We really had a blast.  Unfortunately our ride home was not so great.  As I was leaving the parking lot, I backed into a parked mini van for the first time in my life!  It was quite embarrassing and now I'm just waiting to see how much we need to pay to fix their dent our truck caused :(

I didn't stay too sad though, because we were headed straight to the Alamo to see Monsters University!  There is not a summer movie this year that I have been more excited to see than this one.  I also was really excited to enjoy the Alamo with the boys (I dropped Anna off at Erik's work, because after our movie theater experience in the spring with Anna we decided we need to wait several months before we try again). 
Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie!  I thought it was so funny just like Monsters Inc.  I also loved that my actor crush, Nathan Fillion, was one of the voices haha (I started loving him after being introduced to Firefly and Dr. Horrible).  The boys gave it two thumbs up as well.  Hooray for good summer movies!

Comments

Fun that you got the opportunity to go to camp, Jenny. One of my friends I met her (Gavin and her son were in the same little class through the city) is the Young Women's President in her ward and just got back from a week of camp - as she was telling me all about it, I just kept thinking of all the fun times we had at Girls Camp!
Molly said…
your girls are so lucky to have such a devoted yw leader!!
that lake outing looks so fun!! i'm so sorry about backing into that van, something I am scared of everyday, it just always seems chaotic with kids loud in the car and driving a big old suburban, haha, i'm not such a great driver!
glad you had fun at monsters university, we went the other day too :)
Molly said…
your girls are so lucky to have such a devoted yw leader!!
that lake outing looks so fun!! i'm so sorry about backing into that van, something I am scared of everyday, it just always seems chaotic with kids loud in the car and driving a big old suburban, haha, i'm not such a great driver!
glad you had fun at monsters university, we went the other day too :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures