Father's Day and Swimming Lessons
I always love being able to spoil Erik just a little bit on Father's Day. It always seems to revolve around food, but he seems to like it! Before Erik got home from church the boys cleaned up the downstairs while I made dinner. They seem to know that Daddy likes a clean house, and I thought it was sweet how hard they worked (while getting the kids dressed and out the door on Sunday mornings, keeping the house clean is not the priority!) Erik was very appreciative of their efforts and he loved the cards and M&Ms they presented him as well.
He was able to hang out more because most of his church meetings were canceled due to Father's Day which was a definite treat for us all. We sure love that Erik of ours!
Wearing his new awesome Friday Night Lights shirt :) and eating his requested dinner of steak, homemade rolls, potatoes, and root beer.
And for dessert we had some ice cream pie. This has become mine and Erik's favorite dessert of late. I love it because it's super simple (pre-made chocolate crust, layer of hot fudge, ice cream of choice with mix in, more hot fudge, crushed candy bars, cool whip)!
On Monday morning, we started our swim lessons. Last summer, I was in the pool with Wyatt the whole time. This time however, I wanted him to go in on his own . . . which is not going "swimmingly"(haha).
Can you see Jackson in his class? He seems to like his class pretty well.
And on Wednesday, Wyatt went in the pool without any tears! It was a major breakthrough, and I was so proud of him. Thursday however, was a bit of a set back :( I'm really hoping we can start off this week's lessons on a good note.
Comments