Mother Daughter Camp Out
Several weeks ago, one of the beehive requested that we put together a mother/daughter camp out. I thought it was a great idea! I reserved the camp ground that the boys use for fathers/son camp out, which is a great spot. It's really pretty, there are bathrooms, and a nice big kitchen to cook breakfast in :)
Oh before I even go any further, I have to say that this camp out would not have happened without my wonderful husband! Though, I love camping, I definitely have never had to do it on my own, nor did I have to this time. I just worried about the girls, the food, the program, etc and I knew I could leave the actual "camping part (setting up the tent, bringing all of our supplies, building the fire) to Erik! :)
We got there around 4:30 and started setting up. The kids had been looking forward to this for so long. They were super excited to be there!
This little podium was set up for the fathers/son camp out that was held the weekend before. There was a typed up copy of King Benjamin's address to his people from the Book of Mormon that I guess someone dressed up and gave to everyone. That would have been cool to see!
Have you heard about the crazy cicadas that are everywhere this summer? I actually haven't seen too many in Winchester, but they were certainly in Front Royal!
Peek-a-boo!
Pretending to sleep :)
The moms and girls starting to get there around 6:00. We cooked our dinners over the fire (well some girls brought Chipotle haha)
Group shot!
Our camp fire program was so much fun. We gave each family a scenario and the daughters had to act like how their mothers would in that situation and the mothers acted like their daughters. We were all laughing so hard. There are some really great performers in our ward!
Oh my goodness Mattie Walton did a one woman show (her mom was sick and couldn't come) that was absolutely hilarious!
Amy and Lisa were so funny!
Next, the girls took turns leading us in some camp songs.
While Erik tried laying down with Anna in the tent, Wyatt and Jackson were happy by the fire watching the show.
![]() |
After the songs, we played "How Well Do You Know Your . . . (Mom or daugher)?" While I was reading a question someone suddenly shrieked, "What are those arms in the ground??"
It was seriously so creepy; there was a half buried doll right by the camp fire! I don't know how I didn't see it before, but seeing it in the dark and not quite knowing what is was was sooooo creepy! After I picked it up and saw that it was a baby Belle doll though, I changed my tune and immediately decided to bring it home and clean it . . .
. . . and look how awesome it turned out?? Anna was pretty pleased to add a friend to her Baby Cinderella and Baby Ariel. I still don't know how the doll got there, but I'm not complaining now. Several of the girls that were really freaked out by it don't understand how I could give it my daughter since it's cursed and all :)
Anyway, after the program we made s'mores, the girls tried pulling some pranks, some Moms stayed up late talking but I got pretty tired and called it a night.
Early the next morning, it was time for some breakfast cookin'!
Our tent. It was our first time sleeping in it, and it was great!
After breakfast, we all pretty much packed up and took off. I think the whole activity came together really well though. It was fun to see the girls and their moms together. We have such a fantastic group of people in our YW program, whenever I get to spend time with them, I am a happy camper (ha!)








































Comments