Last Week of School
I was so bummed out that school got out so late this year. I feel like two weeks into June is just too long!! The last week of school started off great though with a visit from the Taylor family! They were in Winchester to say good bye to Laryssa before she left on her mission and stopped by for dinner after church. We always love it when we get to hang out with them!!
Oh yeah, that would be Jackson that filled up his pirate costume pants with sand. Boys! :)
I can't believe how big Emrie is getting! It seems like only a couple of weeks ago we were at her baby blessing!
Our silly selfie sesh :)
My last duty as room parent for Jackson's first grade class was organize the last day of school ice cream party. There are a ton of willing parents in his class, so it was a total cinch. And so much fun to bring Wyatt this time (Anna was being babysat by Sydney Walton)
Mrs. Younkin is such a great teacher. She had a rough year, with her father suddenly and tragically passing away at the beginning of the school year. I can't believe that even with all that going on, she was as attentive, and kind as she was. Jackson was lucky to be in her class!
After school got out, we came home and got ready for our BBQ. We invited the play group families as well as a couple of families from Jackson's class over for a "Hooray-school-is-out-party." Those things are always fun!
After I got the house as clean as it was going to get, I decided we better hang out outside before the house got messy again! :)
The BBQ was so much fun! I was kind of bummed that the patio we were getting put in in the backyard wasn't complete, but it didn't seem to stop anyone too badly.
So staying true to the mold of kids we create, Anna is pretty shy with most people. So I was pretty surprised to see her first playing ball with Evan McDonough. And then laying on a blanket with Anne McDonough. They are a couple of regular Pied Pipers!
My hydrangeas are blooming! This is always a pretty exciting thing for me. Today I made my first bouquet of them for inside :)
Last Saturday I watched the Staker kids. Which meant that my three were loving life!
And one more kid for good measure!
These girlies are both Yo Gabba Gabba devotees, so of course we had to take a Yo break!
Comments