Getting Ready to Go
The days leading to our trip to Georgia started out a little rough. On Sunday night, our family was at Bishop's youth night. Everyone was hanging out in the backyard and while Jackson was playing with some other kids, he fell backwards into the fire pit! :( :( :(
There are few things harder as a Mom than to see your child in so much pain. It's amazing how immediatly when I saw what happend I just went into "Mom mode" and took him to the sink for cool water to run over the burns. Tanya Groll called an army medic from the ward and pretty much everyone was very helpful. Erik gave him a blessing that I know helped. He was able to fall right to sleep when we got home and tucked him, which I thought was a true miracle. He was a brave little guy for sure! It wasn't until he was asleep in bed that it all hit me though, and I just felt drained and so sad for him.
We took him into the Dr. on Tuesday (Monday was a holiday and the office was closed), she gave him some super great prescription cream that did wonders for the burns.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of Anna rocking her cowgirl outfit on Memorial Day.
So how do you spend your Memorial Day holiday when swimming is not an option? You geographically place all of your Little People Princesses based on their story setting :) Jackson absolutely loves maps, so this was a good way to play with two of my kids at the same time :)
On Wednesday, while Jack was at school I took Wyatt and Anna to the neighborhood pool for the first time this year. I really enjoy going to this pool-- you can't beat one that is a 4 minute walk from the backyard :)
A little air guitar
One of the things stressing me out before our trip was the joint YW activity I was in charge of. We did a sports themed obstacle course, and it turned out really fun! Each group had a map that showed where to go (basketball spot, football spot, softball spot, volleyball spot, swimming spot)
"Softball sliding" on the soapy, wet tarp
I think my favorite part was watching the other leaders throw water balloons on the girls during the "swimming obstacle." :) They enjoyed some orange slices (thanks rugged maniac for the idea!) and their awesomely corny "medal" at the end.
So immediately following the YW activity, I ran home, put on dry clothes, and drove to Dulles to pick up my Mom from the airport!! I was so excited to see her! The next morning, she showed me some of my old dolls that she brought with her for me to keep and I was beyond excited about my Quints! I seriously loved those dolls!
The rest of the day was spent in a crazy haze of getting the house ready, packing, and trying to visit with my Mom at any possible opportunity :)
Comments