Great Country Farm
While Anna and I were hanging out at swim lessons on Wednesday, Anne McDonough (her daughter Caroline is in Wyatt's class) was telling us they were going to Great Country Farms for the day. It was a beautiful day out, so we decided to go as well!
It was my first time there. Jackson had gone on a field trip there during the Fall, so he knew how much fun the place is :)
First stop: giant bouncy pillow!
Anna totally surprised me by hopping on this big thing, but as soon as a bigger kid starting jumping close to here she was not happy!
Wyatt was loving it!
There are a ton of different playgrounds-- more than we could even get to.
We found animals!
Mr. Wyatt Nyholm: master animal impersonator
Enjoying the big slide
Beautiful scenery, huh?
Before we headed home, we went on a tractor ride to the orchards where we could pick some tart cherries. The tractor driver saw me struggling to get Jackson on my shoulders to pick some cherries high in the tree, so he offered to let Jackson climb on him. I thought it was pretty funny.
Younger brother was a little easier to hoist up :)
Caroline, Wyatt, Cameron, and Jackson on the ride back.
Anna loved grabbing what cherries she could and sucking them like a lollipop!
We had so much fun that I signed up for the CSA they do! I kept going back and forth if it was worth it, because this farm is 27 miles away from us towards DC. However, I've wanted to try out a CSA for a while now, and I feel like we go somewhere that direction often enough that it might just be worth it. So it looks like we will be going there quite a bit this summer.
My yummy fresh fruits and veggies. I'm hoping that this along with our garden will be enough to keep me from buying produce at the grocery store . . . we'll see!
And I quickly turned all of those tart cherries into tart cherry frozen yogurt. I was pretty much in love with it, but the rest of my family found it to be a little too tart. Oh well, more for me! :)
Comments
also, I should totally do CSA here, the Farm is literally down our street and a lot of people have liked it, so thanks for reminder :)