Somewhere With You

I surprised Erik with an early birthday present: tickets to see Kenny Chesney.  He had gone to one of his concerts before we met and I knew that he really enjoyed it.  Kenny Chesney is one of the few country singers that I mostly like, so it was a good one to go to :)  Brittany and Derek Staker kindly, graciously, and amazingly agreed to watch the kids for the day.  We left around 2:00.  The concert was on the other side of DC, at the Redskins stadium, so it took a good two hours to get there and park.  I honestly was really excited for our special date :)

I was so happy when that sun set; we were staring right into.  The very first opening act was Kasey Musgraves, whom I had first heard about on a NPR review (yup I get my information on today's singers mostly from NPR)  Anyway, I really like her.  Her songs are pretty different from most country songs and she has quite a pretty voice.





Lots of people still were not there (or at least had not taken their seats).  The next artist was . . . oh shoot I can't remember.  It was a band, and their songs are mostly slow country ballads which are my least favorite so I wasn't that interested.  After that was Eric Church who was definitely interesting to say the least.  I'm fairly certain that he has written in his contract that every single one his songs mention drinking. He was literally pouring shots of something all over his face throughout the performance.  Needless to say the crowd was loving it haha.

Sadly, my phone died so I didn't get any pictures of the main event!  But I will say that Kenny Chesney really is an awesome performer.  He is like a little ball of energy the whole time he is up on that stage.  Oh and his songs really are fun.  Of course most people were getting progressively drunk as the night wore on, with some people actually throwing up into the aisle (yuck!).  All in all though, it was super fun night with Erik.  We danced together, sang together, and pretty much just felt like teenagers on a care free date which is a hard thing to do when you've been married for (almost) 10 years and have three kids :)

Comments

Molly said…
how fun for you guys! glad you got such a fun time together and you look so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures