Driving through Rexburg and Arrival at Island Park
Sunday after church we started our drive to Island Park. I was really excited for this vacation. I hadn't been to Yellowstone (or Island Park) since Jackson was a baby, and I knew all three of the kids would love it.
We stopped in Rexburg for a meal and to check things out. It was a VERY surreal experience driving the streets to our old house. I mean how many times had I driven those roads with Jackson buckled up in his car seat in the back seat (and then for nine months little baby Wyatt buckled up as well). It was so fun to talk to the kids about our life in Rexburg.
And fun to see the changes at BYU-Idaho! Haha looking at this picture reminds me that Wyatt decided to pose like a baby since he was a baby last time he was in Rexburg :)
I walked the short distance from campus to the temple which was fun (it was a gorgeous day!). And then we took some pics.
Jackson felt proud that this was the one temple he has been inside. He was 2 when the temple had its open house.
After Rexburg, we made the quick drive up to Island Park. Our cabin was perfect for our two families. Not too big at all. Very simple (not even a TV- though in this day of multiple ipads, phones, and kindles, lack of a TV really doesn't mean much).
Winchester!
We found a nice little country restaraunt. The kids had fun picking up and looking through the many Yellowstone maps and brochures for various activities.
After dinner Jackson, Anna, and Iva joined me on a little walk. Again, the weather was so perfect!















Comments