Yellowstone Part 1


We slept in a bit on Monday morning, took our time getting ready, and then got to the park around 11:00am.  I was so excited to see the Yellowstone sign!

Yellowstone and traffic jams go together like peanut butter and jelly.  The funny thing about Yellowstone though is these traffic jams are caused by animals, not other cars!  About a mile and a half up the road there were some bison just laying in the street.  Apparantley some were mamas nursing their babies!  I didn't want to just sit in the car for the 50 minutes we were stopped, the kids that were in my car and I got out and started walking.  Then Kaitlin and the other kids joined us.  We didn't make it all the way to the nursing bison though before the traffic started moving again and we hopped in the cars.


One stop we wanted to make was get National Park Passport Books for all of the kids.  We are excited to fill these up with stamps!  I guess Jackson gets a free National Parks Pass next year as a fourth grader, so we will definitely try to go to some more.



It was fun driving around looking for animals!  We decided to make our way over to Old Faithful for lunch and to see the geyser of course!
So cool seeing the bison so close!
Waiting for Old Faithful to go.  Jackson obviously didn't want to look at the camera!



We found a picnic area to cook our hot dogs.  The kids had a blast digging and playing in this old snow pile that hadn't yet melted.  I can't even imagine how much snow covers Yellowstone in the winter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures