First Week of August
I was pretty excited when I was reminded that is Harry Potter's birthday last Sunday. To celebrate for our Sunday family movie, I let the kids start the 7th movie. We also started reading the sixth book. I have loosened up on my rule of not watching the movies until we have read the books (I let Jackson watch the sixth movie the night before our Florida trip). However, I told them I draw the line at watching the 8th movie-- we have to finish the 6th and 7th book before then. I realized I'm going to have to re-introduce the books in a couple of years to Anna and Wyatt. It will be different since they have absorbed most of the story, but it I know a lot kind of goes over their heads, and I want them to get the fullest HP experience they can!
On Monday we drove to Provo to meet Lisa Cleary and Bethan! They were out this way doing college tours, and it was great to see them. Lisa had contacted a couple of Berryville missionaries and Laura Simonsen was free to meet us for lunch :)
We met at BYU Creamery, which is always a good choice ;) I knew that I would just be visiting, so I let the kids play on screens. Wyatt and Aidan face timed for a bit too!
After our leisurely lunch, the kids and I stopped at the Lehi outlets for some school shopping! I loved when Anna told me she should get the pink shirt to wear while she listens to Hamilton on her own haha (I didn't get it though;)
Last week was a busy snap chat week, so I will put those in the blog too :)
I documented videos of the kids doing a fashion show for me and Erik that evening. They are so excited to wear their new clothes, but I told them they can't until school starts!
Jackson's shoes are officially too big for me now!
The next day, I took the kids to Target and I realized I like my Target trips with the kids in the first part of the day-- we all have much more energy!
I was having a Relief Society get together at my house last Thursday night. I had told some people that I was going to make homemade ice cream. Well, I made the ice cream base the night before, but when I went to start to churn it the motor to the ice cream maker had died! So off to Costco we went to get some other ice cream. I ended up making two types of cookies, so I didn't feel like a total slacker haha
Last Friday night the boys and I ran the South Jordan Superhero 2.5K I was pretty excited about the race, but once we got there Jackson had a pretty bad attitude about. It was really frustrating to me, and I've been trying to figure it out ever since. I think 1) the kids are sleep deprived. We stay up much, much later in the summer yet they are not sleeping in 2) I think Jackson looked around and realized that most of the kids were little kids. That probably made him feel like it wasn't as cool as he thought it would be.
So, I've decided if Jackson is going to do another race it should be a bigger one and I will only sign him up for one if he will agree to actually train and take it seriously. I still have grand ideas of doing one on one trips with my teenage kids to Disneyland or World to run a race there (not sure if Erik knows about this particular dream yet haha)
Anna played at Chase's house which was nice. Erik came to see us at the end of the race. We let the kids climb the rock wall and then Erik left to get some dinner and pick up Anna while I stayed with the boys and checked out the preparedness fair they were having. It was so cool!
Jackson really wanted to try the rock wall and get to the top, so he waited in line again and did climb to the very top!
He also won a prize! He won a water bottle and a day pass to the South Jordan rec center. He was definitely in a good mood by the end of the evening haha
The kids got to learn about fingerprinting from some officers!
A life flight helicopter came and landed and the kids got to check it out!
Laser shooting at targets.
And we learned about earthquakes from a firefighter. I must admit I was the rockstar in the group, when the fire fighter asked if anyone had been in an earthquake and I said I had been in the Bay Area 1989 earthquake! That's like earthquake royalty haha
Last Saturday was shaping up to be like many of the Saturdays we have been having where Erik is outside working from morning until night, the kids invite a million friends over and I am stuck at the house. I did not feel like being stuck at the house though! So, I let Anna invited Chase (we can take 2 friends to the zoo. I would've taken Collin but we was already playing with different friends and Wyatt didn't want to go to anyone's house) and we went to the zoo! Since, Erik was going to be in the backyard, I let Jackson invite a bunch of friends over and they just played all day at the house.
We had a ton of fun! I love the zoo :)
Out of order, but we definitely have Olympic fever over here! I seriously can't get enough. It does make it hard to go to bed at a decent time though, since it doesn't end until 11pm!
After Erik was done for the day in the backyard, we all went to Texas Roadhouse to use a free kids meal coupon we had. It was a yummy meal for sure :)

























Comments