First Week of Kindergarten



Anna had her first day of kindergarten last Tuesday!  She was very ready for this day to come!
 



 I couldn't find any skinny chalk to write on their first day of school this year.  All I had was outside chalk that had been rained on before, so it was pretty impossible to write with haha



 One thing that is nice about afternoon kindergarten is that we can have a leisurely walk with Luna to the school.  It's the first time I have walked consistently without Anna in the stroller believe it or not.  I don't think Anna would last having to walk there and back, but luckily she doesn't have to :) 
 After playing on the kindergarten playground for a bit the teacher comes out of the classroom and then the kids line up.  Anna's a pro at this now :) 


 It was pretty emotional seeing her wave goodbye.  I mean, this whole kindergarten business is more symbolic than anything.  She is only gone from 12:35 until 3:25 Monday- Thursday and then on Friday she is only gone from 11:25-1:25.  But it is definitely the start of something that will not stop.  It really is devastatingly sad, but at the same time its good and happy and I'm glad to see her grow and learn.  



 My sweet friend Erin, left me this "first day of kindergarten survival kit" before she left on their Yellowstone vacation, and I was so excited to dig into this after getting back from the school.  While I was just about to start eating, I heard a knock on the door and my friend Amy was there with a plate of cookies!  Chocolate, sugar, and caffeine really do have a way of making you happy :) 

 Oh and Stephen Colbert makes me happy too.  I had plans of cleaning the house during Anna's first day, but I had so many swirling emotions going on I just needed to veg out.
 And then not too much later, I went back to pick the kids up.  Anna had a huge smile on her face and loved her first day of school! 
 Erik and I kept striking out trying to find a time to meet for lunch this last week, so I finally just decided to go with Anna before kindergarten :) We tried out the new restaurant by the rec center and library.  It was really good! 

 I love seeing baby deer on our street! 
On Thursday night, Peter came up from Provo to help Erik set up the playground.  He stayed for a few hours and had dinner with us.  It was very generous of him.
 My dog collage I posted for National Dog Day yesterday haha Those "holidays" are so silly, but I also enjoy seeing the instagram posts :) 
 And then this morning Erik finished the playground!  Woohoo!  The boys were very excited to try it out.  Anna who didn't wake up until 10:00 (!) wasn't with them for the pictures.  


Let's see what else happened this week?  The kids all played with friends until late last night.  They are so happy the Coles are home!  Jackson had Webelo night from 3:30-6:30, so a bunch of his Webelos friends plus Blake were the ones to come over.  Anna went to Chase's, and Wyatt played with Spencer and then Collin.  I really feel like most of the time I am either planning play dates (or "hang outs" like Jackson calls them now haha), or driving them or picking them up, or feeding friends.  But I'm glad they have good friends!
This morning I did 5 miles.  It had been too long since I had run outside with the hills.  It felt good!  I've been doing a run/walk interval of 4:1 which I have really enjoyed.  There was a definite taste of fall in the air with a cool breeze that was wonderful! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures