My Kind of Entertainment!
Last Saturday evening was something I had been so excited for: a concert with Laura Osnes! I saw her in Cinderella with my Mom, Rebecca, and Derrick when we went to New York summer 2013, and she was just the perfect princess (along with Santino Fontana aka Prince Hans and Greg from Crazy Ex Girlfriend!). Anyway, after the play I realized I had known about Laura Osnes for a lot longer. She was on this Broadway realty show NBC did in 2007 I believe? Where lots of guys and girls were vying to play the leads of a Broadway revival of Grease. They were voted on each week like American Idol, and honestly, Laura was always my favorite. Well, she won and that is what started her career on Broadway. Her voice is just so beautiful and to top it all off she seems like a really nice person (I follow her on instagram so I know haha)
I made sure to get enough tickets that the singers could hear my individual cheers and I could make eye contact with them haha
Mark Masri came out and did a set first and he was really great! He was a lot like Josh Groban (who I have no problem with!). He sang a lot of romantic pop standards and Italian songs.
Then came Laura!! Her first few songs were all Rodgers and Hammerstein which of course is like meant for me! There is seriously no type of music that takes me to my happy place faster than Broadway music, specifically Rodgers and Hammerstein! She did a lot of other Broadway numbers and finished off with "I Could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady, and she said playing Eliza is her dream role she hopes to do someday. I would so be there to see that! It's funny bc that further cemented in my mind how her voice reminds me of Julie Andrews. Julie Andrews was the first to sing Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella and then she of course was the original Eliza Doolittle on Broadway.
OK, so at the end of the concert the singers were set up in the back to sing autographs and take pictures. Of course I wanted to that! Erik was getting a little antsy in line, but it finally started moving after about 20 minutes and I got to talk with Laura Osnes! I totally made a fool of myself 100%. I know this because Katy took a video of me talking with her and I have since watched it back haha
Derrick was in line after me, and I'm pretty sure he did not mention we were related. He had actually interviewed Laura and Mark over the phone and been like a normal human being, so I'm sure he wanted to keep that going and not claim his crazy sister haha After Laura, I met Mark which of course wasn't as exciting, but he was very nice :)
Well, if that were not exciting enough for one weekend, on Monday Anna and I went to Hale Center Theatre's production of Beauty and the Beast. IT WAS AMAZING!! B/B is by far my favorite Disney movie and I really love the additional songs they added for the Broadway show.
During the "Be Our Guest" number there was an explosion of golden confetti that completely surprise and delighted us!
Anna loved the fancy stairs :)
We have been having LOTS of tea parties lately :)
Comments