Getting Ready to Go!

 Since Jackson won that family pass to the South Jordan Rec Center we decided to use it last Monday.  I really liked it!  It was in an indoor place like Herriman's, but it had this grassy/cement area with chairs set up right outside the pool area.  I loved being able to sit in the sun when we weren't swimming.  I really wish Herriman was like this.  I hate just being indoors the whole time in the summer!
 On Tuesday, I needed to take Luna to Petco as part of her socialization training.  I've been avoiding this "homework" I've gotten from our trainer, because it seems so pointless to drive out there if I can't do other errands at the same time.  And if I have my dog with me, obviously I can't go into other stores.  Well, there was stuff I had to get at Target (which is in the same shopping center, just a few stores down), so I sent Jackson (and Anna) with a list of stuff I needed and my redcard.  He memorized my pin number and did the shopping!  I knew it was a little weird to have your 10 year old do this, but I also totally knew Jackson could handle and would enjoy this responsibility.  And he did great!


 I did think the backpack he let Anna choose was hilarious though!  He knows that I hate "character backpacks" so he steered Anna in a different direction and this is what she chose haha  I decided to just be happy with it.  It will always remind me of Jackson's responsible nature :) 
 That evening, we decided to do a simple dinner at Arctic Circle since Erik had been working in the yard all evening.  We brought a bunch of friends too!

 This is what Wyatt wears to do his chores ;) 
 And I was inspired to wear my 2012 Obama shirt!  On my run that morning, I kept thinking about Michelle Obama's speech at the DNC.  And I kept thinking about how lucky we have been as a country to have such a great first couple the past 8 years.  They really epitomize class to me.  I'm going to miss President Obama so much! 
 This was the picture I sent my cousin Hannah to show where Maverick's food bowl was.  In kind of a crazy circumstance, she was staying at our house for two nights while we were gone.  She took a new teaching job in West Jordan and her apartment was not quite ready in time.  I was sad that we weren't able to see her.  We will definitely have her over for dinner sometime though!  It was really sweet of her to take care of Maverick too! 
 And then at about 3:30 or so we left for Island Park!  And I took snapchats while I was bored haha




 Jackson's snaps made me laugh the most 
 We stopped in Rexburg for dinner which is always such a weird feeling!  It's weird to drive down the same streets that I did while Jackson was a toddler and where I was pregnant and Wyatt lived his first nine months.  We loved our time in Rexburg so much.  Honestly I really like that town.  I don't think I could handle the winters at all anymore though.  I finally came up with a perfect solution though:  Jan- May in Florida and then June- December in Rexburg.  Honestly, that is my new retirement dream!

We ate a Costa Vida and then took a Poke-walk along the water by the movie theater.  Then we got back in the car and reached Island Park around 9pm I think.  We were so excited to check out the cabin we were staying in! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures