Last Week


 After getting home really late from Provo, I woke the kids up at 6:45 so we could get to the temple to temple 5K . . . in Provo ;) We were sooooo tired, but I didn't want to miss out.








 We just walked it the whole time-- it was hot outside!  It is a huge event though.  There were 10s of thousands of people participating! 

 I loved seeing all of the full time missionaries giving out high fives and water bottles :) 



 It took a long time, but we made it :) 
The kids and I went home, and Anna and I took a nap while the boys watched some TV.  Then we met up with family (though the Winsborrows started their drive to Las Vegas that morning) at my Grandmother's house in Sandy.  We had a nice, quick visit.  Then went to see Saturday's Warrior at the dollar theater.  I had been really wanting to see it since Molly had told me it was her in nephew in the staring roll!  It really was a sweet movie.  I know the songs backwards and forwards from watching it on Sundays growing up :)  I think they made some nice changes to it, to make it a little more heartfelt too.  It's definitely still cheesy, but really sweet too! 

 I thought it was pretty funny to see how Anna was sleeping completely under the bed! It took us a couple of days to recover from the weekend!
We had quite the experience last Tuesday.  Kaitlin and I had plans to meet each other at the "Fairy Gardens" in Utah.  I had heard really cute things about, but it was a bit of a mystery where it was.  On the website that talks about it it says its in the Wasatch- Cache National Forest, so that is what I put in my GPS.  Well as you can see in the picture of above, there was no Fairy Gardens anywhere!  We were just in the middle of nowhere!!  We finally decided to just turn around and go home. You should have seeing the back of our car.  All of the dirty, dusty roads really left the car a mess!



 As you can see I really enjoyed the DNC!  It was seriously such a contrast from the RNC it was unbelievable.  I discovered that I liked watching both on PBS, because they didn't have to cut to commercial.  Anyway, I honestly can't imagine how anyone could be for Trump at this point, but whateves.  It really makes me miss the days of Republicans that I respected quite a bit like John McCain or George HW Bush, both men who I think went into politics with genuine desire to make our country better.  I may disagree with policy points, but I can respect any person that goes into public service for those reasons.
 We had some fun Nyholm fun last week!  The Becerras came out for Jeremy to bike the Saints to Sinners.  Jeremey, his Dad, and some of his racing friends stayed the night.  It was fun to watch the last night of the Democratic convention with Jeremy's dad who is a Democrat haha

We drove up to Roy and met up with Kelsey, Kaitlin, and their kids at Classic Water slides.  I hadn't been there since Iva's first birthday party!  It was fun to watch the kids have such a blast.  And I enjoyed going down the "slowest" of the fast water slides haha











 After relaxing at Kaitlin's for a bit, we went to Iva's and Manaia's Polynesian dance recital.  I always love going to this!



 I really wanted one of these delicious pineapple boats, and thought about getting a few for everyone to share.  But then I saw they were $5 each and didn't want to spend $25 on pineapple, so I just bought one and ate it by myself in the back of the seats haha  Erik still doesn't know I got one of these haha It was so delicious! 





 Kelsey and the kids spent the night since they were on their way to Las Vegas in the morning.  I also brought the Hunt kids down with me, so there was quite the group down in the basement!

On Saturday night we were asked to go on a group date to see Jason Bourne and eat Cafe Rio :)   It was a lot of fun.  I always love hanging out with the Coles and the Childs and it just makes me so sad we had to cancel out of our SF trip in October.  It ended up being the same weekend as Derrick's wedding.  We had already paid for our share of the housing, but obviously I can't miss my brother's wedding, so it is what it is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures