Yellowstone
We woke up and had a pretty easy morning before leaving for Yellowstone National Park. I had forgotten to print the free pass Jackson gets for being in the 4th grade, so we stopped in West Yellowstone to find a place to print from my email. I thought it was pretty funny that every store we stopped in (it took a while to find a place that would print) had a dog just chilling by the cash register. I love that the owners just bring their dogs to work haha
Like always, we stopped for along time after entering Yellowstone. There are always animal traffic jams. The animal must have been way up though because the kids and I got out and started walking and we never got to the front. Unfortunately the traffic started moving and Erik had to pull over and wait for us to reach him after he passed us haha
Our first stop was a hike along the Upper and Lower Falls of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. I was so excited!
It was a great hike! The path was about 2 miles out and then 2miles back. Erik and I decided to just play it by ear and see how long the kids could last. They did really great! I mean there were definite complaints at the beginning, but once they found their grove they were fine . . .
. . . until Anna fell down and scraped up her elbow! It was pretty sad. Unfortunately I forgot a first aid kit (hopefully I have learned my lesson now!)
Well we made it to the end of the hike! But since Anna was still pretty sad we decided that I would wait with Wyatt and Anna and Erik and Jackson would hike a shortcut back to the car and bring it to us.
Wyatt, Anna, and I played storyteller games and drank some juice to pass the time.
We then drove to Roosevelt Arch.
Close to the Arch was the Boiling River. I was so excited to try this out! It's a very warm spot you can wade in and soak where a hot springs flows into a very cold river. It was pretty hard to move through the fast current! We waded out to about Anna's belly height and sat next to a nice young couple from Baltimore (and bonus that she was originally from France and had a fun French accent!)
For dinner we went to the sit down restaurant in Mammoth. It was great food! I loved the summer squash soup-- yum!
Just leaving my snapchats from the day:
I really love Yellowstone! The boys all say Yellowstone is better than Disney World and while Anna and I would not go that far, we all enjoy the park so much! We can't wait to go back next year!1










Comments