Camping!
The weekend before Halloween we went camping! We had been invited by our friends the Hambricks to join them at this fun site in Gettysburg, PA that goes all out for Halloween. Luckily there was no rain or wind, but it was cold!
Busting out the big coats!
Big breakfasts are so good on camping trips!
Haha what a goofy guy :)
It was so much fun to walk around and see all of the Halloween decorations that people bring up.
Fun playground.
Haha not sure what this picture is about.
Shanan was so awesome and brought packets of those little rubber bands for the kids to make bracelets. Jackson has been wanting these so bad, so this was the perfect activity for them. As you can see Wyatt was pretty happy with his ring and bracelet too!
So I found out that carving pumpkins in the cold is not that fun. My hands were completely freezing and numb. I guess the bright spot is that there was no mess in the kitchen to clean up :)
Taking a warm break!
Jackson with his pumpkin. He did a great job all on his own.
Anna next to her girly pumpkin I helped her carve :)
Wyatt with his "scary pumpkin"
After carving, the kids that wanted to entered their pumpkin into the pumpkin carving contest.
It was fun to see all of the cute pumpkins!
Shanan also brought the Walmart Christmas toy book, and boy did the kids love that. They were pouring over it for quite a while!
Anna's cold and crusty eyes seemed to get worse and worse while we were camping. Poor girl!
Finally it was time to dress up in the Halloween costumes. This was like a rough draft of Anna's Doc McStuffins costume. We couldn't find her purple headband, and we lost her stethoscope right before we left for camping. Oh well, she still looked as cute as can be!
My very own Dark Knight. I love how into character he gets!
And Jackson was a Ninjago ninja! Hi-yah!
I couldn't believe it when Erik agreed to wear the Where's Waldo costume. He certainly wears it well! And what a trooper for genially putting up with everyone's "Hey I found Waldo!" all night. Most of the kids of course, had no idea who Erik was (I ordered a Where's Waldo book from Amazon so our kids would know) And I was pretty lame and just went with a witch's hat.
Trick or treating at each campsite.
It was really fun! (oh shoot, now you can see what a bad job I did on Anna's pigtails in the back haha With her being sick, I didn't want to brush out all her tangles, so I just did as well as she would let me)
Some of the camper's decorations were freaky!
Ready to eat some of that hard earned candy!
Jake and Erik had passing out duties.
As soon as it got dark, I laid down with Anna until she fell asleep. This girl was tired and I just hated having her out in the cold with her sickness.
All of our pumpkins lit up.
Sunday morning, we woke up and packed up. We wanted to get to our 11:00 church. I was super excited to hear the mission president speak in our ward. Well with two sick kids (Wyatt's cold was becoming apparent as well) I ended up staying home for the first two hours anyway. Oh well.
We had a great time camping and were so thankful that the Hambricks invited us!
And this girl's face was just getting worse and worse. While we went to visit our friend Ruthie on Monday evening, she told me that tea bags would help with the swelling and soothe the skin. So I tried it, and Anna didn't love it, but now she's really fascinated by this picture I took of her with the tea bags on :)
Comments
fun to trick or treat and camp for the kids!, and a lot of work for mom, you're so nice! :)