Holiday Kickoff
So on Tuesday Jackson discovered how to text from my phone. Not cute Jack, not cute (OK but a little funny)
Our plan all along was to decorate the house for Christmas on Friday. However, Jackson really wanted to do it earlier so Tuesday night Erik set up our tree and Wednesday morning, I lit a Christmas candle, turned on some Ella Fitzgerald and went to work.
Taking down the fall, putting up the Christmas.
We saved the tree decorating for last of course (by far the best part!). I didn't realize until after I took these pictures that Anna a) still had some major bed head going on and b) DIDN'T HAVE ANY PANTS ON! haha more proof that we are deep in the heart of potty training.
I also realized that this is the first year that all of my kids understand how to decorate a tree and that we shouldn't rip all of the ornaments off the tree :)
Taking a much deserved hot cocoa break!
And weirdly this is the only picture of our date that we went on last night (I took this picture for an instagram about how I'm always so excited to wear shoes that don't work for my "day job" but then deleted it because it came out weird). Anyway, we saw Catching Fire-- Erik really wanted to see it. That movie is good enough to warrant a second viewing (I normally am not a fan of seeing a movie in the theater twice), and I felt kind of bad that I went without Erik in the first place. The movie was great, my date was great, but sadly I had my first bad experience at the Alamo :( Our server was terrible. Halfway through the movie, I put up a flag for a water refill and it took like 45 minutes to finally get my server to notice (and actually it was only when she was dropping off our check that I told her I needed a refill)! For the first time, we left a super low tip and I wrote a note on the check explaining my displeasure. To make our experience worse, I could smell someone smoking in the theater! Like for real! I know exactly what dumb teen aged group was doing it too. I think the guy just took like one or two drags from his cigarette and then put it out, because the smell was short lived, but seriously! That made me so mad.
I took a fun quiz that my brother sent our family email group. It was really long and made do some critical thinking about where I stand on the issues of the day. I was surprised when the result was that I was part of the green party though. After a few of us in the family had Green Party as the top party my sister wondered who was really behind the quiz. I know that the environment is definitely one of my top concerns, but I can't picture myself voting for a party that would never win (however I'm not sure if voting for a party (either of them) that does absolutely nothing of value is any better!).








Comments