Happy Halloween
Halloween night finally arrived! I should mention that Thursday morning Erik left for his 10 day hunting trip and my Mom flew in late Wednesday night. I was so excited to spend some time with my Mom.
I had invited some friends over for Halloween dinner right before trick or treating. It's so much fun to put together holiday themed food!
So yeah, Jackson went with the bloodier shirt for trick or treating. At least the ninja costume that we got in September got used once!
Wyatt was back and forth all day whether he wanted to be Hulk or Batman, but then stuck with Batman.
Cute Piper and Camri!
Adorable Doc McStuffins. I am just now realizing I forgot to put her hair in pigtails haha
Super baby Hudson!
We really lucked out with mild temps. Much better than last year!
I love the little Firetruck "parade" that kicks off our neighborhood's trick or treating each year. It's a fun way to start.
Oh and I forgot to write that things were pretty hectic (partly due to just normal Halloween craziness of getting kids in costumes and dinner on the table) and due to the fact that I had invited for the first time some really nice neighbors of ours, which was super great but also something that requires focus when you're hosting someone for the first time. The craziness was also due to the fact that the Brittany and Derek needed to be at the hospital with a friend, so we kept Austin, Camri, and Maiya. Thank goodness that my Mom was there. And Brett and Amanda. We all were pretty busy just keeping track of all of the kids. I guess it's just not Halloween if at one point you're not super stressed haha
My Mom was trying to keep Maiya in the wagon :)
Ya know, just two girls fighting over the purple bucket.
The pictures that my Mom took made me laugh to see how many awkward positions I'm in. Getting a group shot is not always the easiest thing (understatement alert!)
Finally a good shot!
My Mom and I thought this little "man in the yellow hat" was super cute!
my awkward photo number four.
I took Anna and Camri around and they were so cute. Luckily, they were done after just a dozen or so houses too. Brett and Amanda chased the bigger kids around (I think Jackson mistakenly thought trick or treating is a race), and my Mom and Maiya passed out the candy at home.
By the time it was time to turn off the lights, I was so tired. I went to bed with a super sore throat, but luckily with a good night's sleep my cold didn't really do much.
Overall, we had a great, busy, crazy Halloween!
Comments