Long Rambling Stories


 So I died my hair brown!  I was really excited to go dark.  And now I'm mostly used to it when I walk past a mirror :)
We had a nice, warm, sunny walk to pick up Jackson one day. Anna thought it was entirely too sunny-- she needed two sunglasses.

I thought Wyatt and Camri (she had come over for a play date) looked so cute walking together :)
  
And the day before Halloween was our ward's Trunk or Treat.  It was fun in some ways, but I have to admit it wasn't my favorite Trunk or Treat.  We fed the missionaries dinner and then I had to leave dinner early because I had to be at the church an hour early for a Young Women's meeting.  This meant that Erik was in charge of the rest of dinner and dessert, and get the kids into all of their costumes.  That's a lot to do.  When he got there he said he couldn't ever find Anna's Doc coat so she was only wearing the tank top that was part of her costume.  I felt like it would be too cold so I "strongly suggested" that he drive back to the house to get her a sweatshirt.  I kept Jackson and Wyatt and Erik took Anna.  Well Anna fell asleep in the car on the way to get her sweatshirt so she missed the whole thing.  And Wyatt was super tired and at about 8:00pm he told me he was DONE and wanted to go home.  Ten minutes after that he was in full melt down mode and it was just kind of stressful.

Is this the most boring story I've ever told?  I think it might be. :)

I will say that my Jackson boy reached some sort of milestone of just ditching his family for his friends (maybe that's one reason the night was soured for me?).  I'm actually happy and proud of him that he is so independent and that he has good friends that he can run around with, but it just seemed surreal to think that my cute little pumpkin toddler that we took to our first trunk or treat as a family is this same boy.  I also thought it was cute that he last minute decided to be a football player with his Redskins shirt and his football streaks, and Virginia Tech sign he put on himself :)

Wyatt, feeling pretty happy passing out candy to his friends.





Man, I've got some handsome boys in my family! :)

The Evans brought a slide for their car.  What a great idea!

Night two of our costumes.





Jackson's school doesn't do Halloween dress up, but his class did a fun activity on Halloween.  Each kid was assigned a noun category (person, place, or thing).  Jackson got the category person and just had to be a zombie!  After ripping and splattering paint on a shirt, I started to worry that this really wasn't appropriate for school.  So I emailed the teacher and the principle told me it was fine.  However, since I was still a little nervous about it, I told Jackson that we needed to make a second less "bloody" shirt.  And use less red makeup on his face.  In the end, Jackson was super happy with how his zombie look turned out.  I just hope he didn't scare a cute little kindergartner!

Comments

Molly said…
looks like a happy Halloween! when I was reading this I kept thinking ok how is she doing all this and not getting stressed?! I admittedly got totally stressed out come Halloween night after the busy week of so much Halloween stuff going on...I have to say I was glad to read you said it was stressful too...not because I wanted you to be, haha...but you know what I mean, just to feel like I could relate :) anyway looks like the kids had a great time and so fun your mom was there too!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures