A Frozen Heart For Valentine's Day


This winter has been long.  This winter has been hard.   I just want this winter to end!  You would think going away to Florida for a week would shaken the winter blues off so hard, I could have endured a few more months of winter.  But alas, that is not what happened.  I guess being in Florida just made me realize, that yeah, I'm done with being cold.  Coming back to snow storm and after snow storm and ice and cold has been enough to make me want to put the covers over my head and hibernate until April!  If it's not obvious already, I have a bad case of winter blues.  We've had a couple of "warm days" here and there, so I have hope that once spring comes, I will get out of my funk, but in the meantime it just kind of sucks.

Yeah, so it here it is!  Snow in our backyard.  I guess it does look quite pretty in a theoretical kind of way, but it's not too pretty to me right now :)


This was from a couple of weeks ago, and it was bad enough that Erik stayed home for most of the day, which was a major bonus!  Of course the kids stayed home as well.  And that too is a bonus.  I love having my duckies close and safe, and it's great fun to do movie marathons and library book marathons and long, lazy pancake breakfasts. It's also great fun to send your kids off to school and to go to the gym and to grocery shopping and to get stuff done :)



In the midst of our great snow-maggedon or whatever that storm was called we celebrated Valentine's Day.  It was fun to go through my clearance finds and pick them out a present (the candy on the other hand was left over Halloween and last year's Valentine's candy-oops!)

Since the kids were off that day, we thought it would be a fun treat to take them to Lego Movie.  It was a really cute movie.  Oh and do you see that lovely sticky hot pad on my neck?  Somehow I hurt it and I literally could not move it for 4 days!  It was frustrating to say the least.  Eventually it just slowly started to get better though.  After about a week, I was finally able to jog again.  And this past week, I have finally been able to turn it without looking like a very uncomfortable robot.


Pretty day-after Valentine's flowers I bought for myself on discount :)

On Valentine's evening, Anna was invited to her first "friends birthday party."  I remember the picture my Mom took of me when I was three on my way to my first party, so of course I had to snap one of my Anna girl! :)

Comments

Molly said…
ahh! i know i keep saying it but just sooo crazy your snow overload and the snow lack in northern california!! basically NONE this winter, and the warmest winter we've ever had hands down
anna looks so cute going to her friends party!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures