Special Outings
As we have been consiously trying to save more this year, I have taken considerable less shopping trips than I had in the past. Because lets face it, if I'm shopping and browsing for fun, I'm going to buy some stuff that I really don't need but that is "a super great deal." So anyway, when we have gone to the mall the couple of times we've gone this winter, it's been quite the treat for the kids to get some indoor play time.
This trip I even splurged and dug into the bottom of my purse for some coins for the Anna and Wyatt to ride the dinky carrousel. Woo-hoo! :)
I had been thinking that we needed to do some one-on-one dates with the kids and one Saturday when Jackson was invited to a friend's house we decided to do just that with Anna and Wyatt. Erik took Anna out for ice cream at sweet frog. Wyatt and I went over to play some games at Chuck-E-Cheese. It was great to focus on Wyatt and have some fun conversations with him of his favorite food, books, movies, superheros or whatever else popped into our heads. :)







Comments