Oscar Time!
Another winter, another Academy Awards ceremony has passed! This year out of the 9 best picture nominated movies we had only seen 2, and frankly had no plans to see the others. Some years that doesn't bother me, but this year I've just been so annoyed that people can't make more smart, engaging, adult movies that aren't "edgy." It bugs me that I have to be shut out from so many movies that sound fascinating and tackle subjects I think are worthwhile because I don't want to hear profanity or see gratuitous sex or violence. Where are the Casablancas or the It's A Wonderful Lifes or the North by Northwest? Those weren't movies for kids in the least, and yet somehow the film makers were able to get their "vision" across without all of that. Anyway, I'm kind of digressing, but suffice it to say, this year I decided to represent the animated movies through food instead of the best pictures nominees as I usually do. It was fun to have the kids help me think of what food should represent each movie. Of course, we were rooting for Frozen in that category! :)
So our menu was homemade chocolate truffles for Frozen (this Anna singing, "I want to stuff some chocolate in my face . . . "), sushi for The Wind Rises, eggs for The Croods, teddy grahams for Ernest and Celestine, and minion twinkies for Despiscable Me 2.
I hate that the Oscars are on so late here. Every year, I stay up way too late and start my week off even more sleep deprived than normal. The telecast was fun though. Erik of course, watched with me, but let's be honest, he doesn't not get excited about movies like I do. So, this year more than any other I relied on the "twitter-verse" to be my Oscar watching pals and it was fun! I even loved Women's Health workout game on twitter. At one point when I was doing my third wall sit, Erik looked over at me and I saw in his eyes how truly, truly nerdy I really am :)
Oh and I had to include my cousin Kate's instagram pic during the Oscars, only because I wish I had thought to do that first haha.



Comments