New Beginnings


Our New Beginnings was held a few weeks ago and it was such a nice evening!  Our wonderful personal progress leader, Tanya Groll, planned it all and we just helped with the grunt work :)  I love the young women so much, and looking at these pictures are especially bittersweet today because I was sustained as a seminary teacher (so I'm assuming I will be released from my YW calling soon).  I've never been sad to leave a calling before (usually I'm ready for a change), but this calling has been different.  I have learned so much from our amazing young women and have benefited from their energy, kindness, faith, and love.
The 2014 mutual theme this year is Come Unto Christ, so for New Beginnings we did "a walk with Christ."  Different rooms in our church building were set up to represent different aspects of life of Jesus Christ.  Each room was beautifully decorated with music to match its theme.  The best part of the night however, was the absolute reverence that the girls and their families had with them as they walked from room to room.  Someone commented that the feelings they had were as close to the feelings they have in the temple I definitely agree.  It was a great night!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures