California Here I Come!

The day of our highly anticipated, wished for trip to visit family finally arrived!  Yes, I was nervous to fly across the country with three kids by myself for the first time.  But I felt as prepared as I could be (snacks, small toys, books, electronics all packed) that I was mostly excited :)

We had a bit of a seating fiasco when the only seats left close together were two rows with two seats each.  Wyatt really didn't want to sit in the row behind me, so I put Anna and Jackson together and then me and Wyatt together.  Quickly after take off though, I realized I needed to be next to Anna in case she unbuckled when she shouldn't have or something, so I bribed Wyatt and he was happy to switch with Anna :)



It was very nice to have Anna fall asleep on my lap.  I wish I could have joined her in slumberland!
 
One advantage of a morning flight that flies from the east coast to the west, is that you still have a day ahead of you when you arrive!  It was so wonderful getting to Stockton and just relaxing and visiting with Andrew, Josh (who had been there for a couple of weeks), and my Mom and Dad.



The next morning, I thought it was funny what an emotional reaction I had to reading The Stockton Record while I ate breakfast.  It just brought back such great memories!

Later in the morning, the kids and I walked over to Sister Pittman's house because Emily was there with her three kids!  It was really fun to get together and catch up.  The kids all had a good time playing together as well. 


Another nap for Anna.  We were so mixed up with our schedule.  That first morning we were in CA, the kids popped up ready for the day at 4:00am!  Luckily, it only took a few days to get into Pacific Time, but I was sure tired until we did.

Comments

Molly said…
ha, last time i was catching up on your blog and months behind, and to day i catch you on the day you post :) ha so fun you guys to have a nice trip home!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures