Tim McGraw and Father's Day
In June, we went on a double date with the Stakers to see Tim McGraw in concert.
Cassadee Pope was the opener and she was great. She was like the opener's opener so the crowd wasn't really settled in and listening. I noticed this same thing with the Kenny Chesney concert last summer. Kacie Musgrave was the first opener. I was pretty bummed because I was actually most looking forward to hearing her and when she preformed it was kind of hard to even tell-- I could barely hear her.
The second opener was . . . oh gosh I can't even remember his name. Obviously he didn't impress me too much haha
My "country look" haha
Finally it was Tim's turn! So let's just get something straight. I'm not really into country music, and Tim McGraw IS country music. I do like a few of his songs (I like the ones that are so popular, you can't help but know the words :) and he is a good entertainer, yet I couldn't help but compare his showmanship to Kenny Chesney's and Tim McGraw came up short for sure (though Kenny Chesney is actually shorter in real life haha). Kenny Chesney just has a TON of energy and it exudes at his concert. Tim McGraw was more mellow with a lot of slower, country ballads. So that's my critic voice. As far as a date night goes, it was a lot of fun! I love being out with friends and my honey!
One of my favorite parts of the show was when Tim introduced his band and where they were from and how long they have played their instruments. It was fun to think of these guys that just love music so much and probably think its pretty great to get to play night after night with such a popular singer.
I also really liked when Tim McGraw was playing with a baby. I am so baby hungry haha.
The next day was Father's Day! We had our (second year running) annual father's day dinner of great steak, corn, watermelon, salad, and rolls. Jackson and Anna were happy to snack on extra watermelon while we waited for the steaks to grill.
We are so lucky to have this guy here as the father of our family. He is a wonderful dad who works very hard at being that wonderful dad!
Comments