Missing Daddy

Last week we finally finished the first Harry Potter book, so we watched the first movie as promised.  The boys loved the movie so much.  It was fun to see how excited they would get when they would see the movie character after imagining them for so long.  Those really are great books and great movies! 
So the day Erik left to go to Scout Camp, he discovered a mouse in Maverick's food container!  Eek!  I was so freaked out.  Luckily he killed that one before he left and then set out traps in the surrounding area.  Well that night, a mouse was caught in a trap.  I did not want to get any where near the dead mouse, so I offered Jackson 50 cents to throw the trap away.  Well he said he would do it for a dollar, and I said, "deal!"   It was a dollar well spent.

We love our mini cold sodas at the pool! :)
  
I sleep really, really bad when Erik is gone.  After two nights of getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep I decided to splurge and take another trip to the movies, so I could rest :)

Oh and talk about splurge,  Anna ended up getting a Christmas present I bought at like 70% off THREE YEARS ago.  I was actually going to finally give it to her this Christmas.  Well, while I was trying to "sleep in" (it was only 7:30 in the morning and I had gotten very little sleep) the kids were up to mischief!  Jackson was trying to find fishing rods in the basement and stumbled upon this hidden treasure.  He immediately showed Anna and of course, she was super excited about the princess dolls.  The three of them burst into my room and Anna climbed into my bed and shouted, "Mom!  Look at these princesses!!"  I really did not have the heart to take them away at that point.  So . . . Merry Christmas to Anna! :)
So the reason Jackson was on a mission to find our fishing gear was because he had a blast fishing at Cub Scout Twilight Camp last week.  He went Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening and just had the best time.  They did bb gun shooting, fishing, crafting, eating, and playing games.  I really love the cub scout program.  It's been so nice to see Jackson so excited and motivated to pass of his wolf requirements and progress.  Hopefully that excitement will last throughout his time in Boy Scouts as well!

Thursday morning was the last day of swim lessons.  I am truly proud of all three of the kids.  Jackson graduated from swimmer 3 to swimmer 4,  Wyatt graduated from Star Fish to Turtle, and Anna did really great in her first class outside of a baby Mommy and me swim class.








Well, by the time Erik got back from Scout Camp, I was a mess of a Mom eating chips straight of the bag and letting the kids watch 2 movies in a row in the afternoon.  I'm learning that summer when you are president of a youth auxiliary means being away from your house!  Couple that with overnight work trips and you've got a Dad that is missed!  I was telling him yesterday that I am so grateful he is busy doing service and good things.  I know that we as a family are blessed when we are serving others, but I have to admit, it is hard sometimes to keep that perspective :)

We took a super trip to Target to get our school supplies!  Of course, we stopped to look at the toys.  And of course, Anna had to try on the princess attire.  I couldn't help but laugh when she was hopping around in princess shoes that were packaged!

And just because I know her curls will leave soon, I had to snap a pic.

That evening, I took a SOLO Target trip to get some baby shower gifts and literally walked down every aisle.  It was bliss.  

So one of the baby showers I had signed up to make a sausage breakfast casserole. I make them a lot for showers because they are easy, however I never make them for my family.  Probably because I am not a big fan of sausage.  Well, the boys were out that morning helping a family in our ward pack up a moving truck and I took Anna (and this hot casserole) to the baby shower.  As I pulled up to the house (which was about a 15 minute drive by the way), I noticed there were no cars.  I looked at the invite again and noticed it was for NEXT SATURDAY.  Ugh, I feft so stupid.  But at least my family got to finally eat a breakfast casserole haha.  This was mine and Erik's next 5 meals haha

Cute as can be on our walk to the pool.

And Jackson found out that three noodles are better than one when you just want to relax!
One good thing about Erik being gone so much is that he is really just wants to relax as a family in the evenings.  So we did just that.  On Friday night we watched The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  I really love that book.  It was neat pointing out the parallels in the movie to the sacrifice and love of the Savior.
And then on Saturday night, we let Anna pick and checked out Cinderella 3 from the library.  We had seen that last summer and I seriously, I really enjoy that movie.



Comments

Molly said…
fun post! love seeing all the day to day stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures