USA! USA!
It was fun coming back from vacation ready to celebrate the Fourth of July! Now I love ALL holidays (seriously, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving- they all keep me happy and motivated throughout the year) But Christmas of course is top dog, and the 4th is right behind. It could be because I met Erik on the Fourth of July (thanks Molly! ;), or maybe Erik's extreme love for the holiday has rubbed off on me. Whatever, the case, I love the day. I love dressing up in patriotic colors. I love reflecting on my gratitude to live in America. I love the bbq and swimming that usually happen, and of course the fireworks!
This fourth of July was a little different. We had gotten back late the night before, and we were still on CA time so getting up early to run the annual Winchester liberty 5K was out. This made me and the kids bummed out because that is one of my very favorite races, but I would have been miserable that tired. We did go swimming though! And had a bbq. Some guys from work came along with the Stakers, the Clingermans, the Starleys, and the Whitcombs.
This year we also went easier with our fireworks show. Instead of doing our own, we went to Berryville to see their show for the first time. It was fun! Especially because about half our ward goes there :)
Derek Staker's sister was here visiting and I thought it was cute how Anna cuddled right up to Dana.
Comments