Camp Shelly

Oh my goodness!  I just spent the last hour working on this post of our super fun camping trip we went on and guess what?  My computer crashed and the post wasn't saved! Grrr, ain't nobody got time for that! :)  So, I really don't have time to redo so I will just let the pictures do the talking (I may add a few explanations here and there).  I will say that we had a wonderful time.  I hadn't been with my siblings in far too long (Kathryn I hadn't seen in over a year and a half!) so it was great to create memories all together.
















I guess I should write a quick word about these bears.  So, Erik, Anna, and I were on a little walk around the campsite.  I was tellling Erik about how afraid I was to jog by myself because of the bears and Erik said, "Oh look at that a bear."  Of course, I didn't believe him, but sure enough he was right!  I was quite nervous of course, but it was really cool!  Anna thought it was just a normal thing to happen while camping and she loved it!




Baby bear climbing a tree!  There were two cubs and a mama bear.  Erik said that in all of his time in the outdoors, he has never had a bear sighting, so he thought we were pretty dang lucky to have had this happen.






My instagram post of the experience :)

Checking out Baldwin beach and the cold waters of Lake Tahoe!




















Literally just pouring dirt on themselves haha







On Friday, we spend all day at Baldwin beach.  We had a lot of fun hanging out under some sunshade, canoeing and kayaking, and spashing around.  Jackson took a special liking to the canoe and spent more time paddling than on the land :)
























































































Checking out the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe.  It's funny that at the exact state line a million casinos pop up :)   The weather when we there turned cold, so I actually wasn't having too great of a time.  I just wanted to get warm!!








Trying to stay before church on Sunday  morning.

Back in our dirty clothes and loving it! :)











Checking out breathtaking Emerald Bay!





























On Sunday evening, per Clements usual, we had a program :)  Everyone shared a scripture story or just scritpure verse about nature.  The Winsborrows started us off with a song.












Comments

Molly said…
really really loved seeing these pictures..tahoe sure is beautiful and i love that you saw those cute bears! but what i really love jenny is your family..i bet they have no idea just how much i love them..and the absolutely huge influence for good they've had in my life..i wish so badly i could still be a small part of my clements family :)....i truly just love them..i loved seeing those pictures of your mom playing with her grandbabies and the picture of anna on your dad's lap is beyond precious...and the one of you in the hammock with anna, jenny you are GORGEOUS

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures