Catching Up

Slowly, but surely I am catching up on this blog!  Woohoo :)
Wyatt reminded me that is was Dr. Suess' birthday and he requested green eggs and ham.  We whipped some up really fast before school, but substituted turkey for the ham because that was I had!  I'm all for a chance to celebrate good books though!
 

Anna started gymnastics (its just at the rec center, so it's really just a beginning tumbling class).  She LOVES it, and its pretty adorable to watch.

Erik's sisters, Kailtin and Erin surprised us with a new pizza cutter (apparently the one they used while they were at our house didn't pass muster haha)  When I told Erik I was going to take a picture of it with him, he gave me this face.  I love that goofy husband of mine!
Of course the day after we picked up Jackson's new glasses, he found his old ones in a box labeled "basement books."  Not sure why the movers put his glasses there but whatever.  Now we have a back up pair.

Sometimes I feel so bad about saying no to what Anna wants to do in favor of my to do list.  Sometimes however, it is so nice to just stop and slow down and play with her.  I very much enjoyed our morning of coloring and then when we finally went down to the basement to clean it, she treated me to a cheerleading show.  I love my time at home with Anna so much.  I just feel so lucky and blessed to have it.





 
 

We finally made it to Temple Square to visit.  It was a pretty quick trip because we wanted to watch Meet the Mormons before we picked up the Hunt kids.  It was a great movie, and I was impressed that the kids sat through it so well!


 


 



We loved having three of the Hunts over for a cousin sleepover.  It is such a blessing for the kids to have such great friends that are their cousins.

The rest of the Hunts came down Saturday afternoon and all of the boys went to a BYU rugby game.  Kaitlin, Iva, Manaia, Anna, and I went to the Lehi outlets which was fun! I only bought a tiny pair of clearance earrings (much to Anna's chagrin she really wanted a new dress-- as if she needs more!), but we had a great time together.  And had a yummy burger lunch at Johnny Rockets. 
 
Later that evening, we got a last minute babysitter and the adults went out to dinner at Applebees.  It was definitely a fun day!

 

The kids made a fort with the babysitter and wanted to keep it up while we watched our Sunday movie (AKA when Erik and I sleep on the couch for an hour while the kids watch an animated movie) 
 

I worked in Wyatt's class for the first time and Kaitlin was so sweet to come down and watch Anna for me.  Then we all met Danielle and Brady for lunch at IKEA.  It's pretty fun having one so close!

 
Oh gosh this looks like all we do is go out to eat!  Another day, another place.  This time we just went to Artic Circle purely for the free cones and play ground.  I did buy myself a Diet Coke to make things a little more fair haha

 


Anna got her first pair of running shoes and has been very excited about wearing them!  She was saying they made her go really fast, but then a couple of days later she said, "Mom, it's actually not the shoes that make me run fast.  It's my legs."  That a girl!

 




And of course, I couldn't resist buying a running outfit to match her shoes. 

 

I've been working on a photo map I'm going to hang up in our family room.  I only need to find pictures for Utah, Oregon (from our honeymoon), Wyoming, and Montata.  Part of the problem is that my computer has crashed and died a couple of times and I've lost a lot of our pictures :( I also need to find a frame.  The only one I like isn't quite what I imagined, but I'm not sure I can rope Erik into making DIY one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures