The End of January

Well, the first day of school finally arrived!  I was a nervous basket case, but excited for them too.  Blackridge is a brand new school (this its first year) with a great principal that lots of wonderful teachers wanted to work with.  I had been emailed Wyatt's and Jackson's teachers since December and felt really good about them.
Wyatt's kindergarten class is so short!  He kept telling me, "Mom I'm going to be fine because this is shorter than my preschool class."  Which is true!  He did have a hard time eating breakfast, because he told me "butterflies were going crazy!"  But sure enough I dropped him off with no problem at all, and had a great first day.

Jackson (of course didn't want a picture taken!) did great as well!  We were a little confused when the front office told us the wrong classroom to go to, so he was a couple minutes late to his class, but he went in excited to see what this new school would be all about.  I'm not going to lie that I dearly miss Greenwood Mill.  I loved that community of teachers, staff, and parents.  And it was the first school we were apart of, so it will always have a very special place in my heart.  The other week I saw on facebook that Jackson's teacher he left there, Mrs. Hillyard, was awarded Teacher of the Year, and honestly it made me get chocked up.  I hate the hard part of moving! I hate that Jackson misses Mrs. Hillyard, and the friends he has been making since kindergarten.  I hate that he misses his best friend there, Sam.  I hate that they teach math soooo different here and that for the first time he hates doing his math homework because of that.  I know he is going to be fine, because he is doing fine right now!  He's already made a couple of great friends that have been to the house to play.  He's getting great grades and he had done a lot of fun things with this super fun teacher, Miss Beck.  However, it's still hard to miss what we miss.

There's Blackridge!

 

Oh man I love our Subway here and their corny, fun food puns they put on the billboard.

 

There are a TON of deer in Herriman.  Its pretty much guaranteed that at dusk, you will see them gather in our neighborhood.  It's still so weird to me.


Jackson had a birthday on his second day of school!  He brought treat to his class.  He picked Artic Circle for dinner.  And we drove over to the house for his chaser.  We love birthday celebrations!





This was the candle he had to blow out poor kid.  We did do a cake the following Sunday though!

 

It was fun getting to spend time with just little miss Anna while the boys were at school.  She was a great workout buddy for me at the apartment.

 


And we also loved having Maverick back!  Kaitlin and Josh were so very kind in taking care of him for use while we didn't have a backyard. 

 


 

Erik's Dad came out and helped us with the house so much.  For one week, he slept on a air mattress in our empty house while he painted every single room of our house.  Erik would go directly from work to the house and help, but we just plain couldn't have gotten done what we did in the amount of time we had without his help.  He is one generous, service minded man.


 
 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures