Costa Maya, A Day at Sea, and Coming Home (Cruise Part Five)

 
Well I'm going to combine the last couple of days of the cruise into one post.

The last port day was Costa Maya, Mexico.  It was a pretty spot!


 

I don't know why my skin looks so reptilian and weird, but we had another nice relaxing beach day in Costa Maya.  Amanda found a great (by the way nearly everything we did was due to Amanda's awesome research she had done!) beach that had shops, restaraunts, internet, and beach chair service (my favorite!)


 


After relaxing for a bit, Erik and I walked through all the souvenir stands and got the last of the kids' presents. 
 

Then Erik and Brett went into the water.

And I found a fun hammock in the ocean! 

 

I then joined Erik further out in the ocean and we had fun trying to walk or swim against the tide.  The wind was still strong that day and the tide (for a Caribbean beach) was very, very hard.  I felt like I was walking on a treadmill- just getting nowhere.  It was all still fun though! 

 

Erik was seriously about to blow over right here haha 
 

Had to take a picture to represent mine and Erik's first (and last probably) couples massage.  It was fun and relaxing, but just so ridiculously expensive I don't see us doing it again.

However, we were nice and relaxed for our last "cruise elegant" night.

 

 

I think we saw two comedy shows that night.  The comedy wasn't that great, though thankfully got steadily better until the last performace we saw, I really enjoyed myself! haha

Selfies in our mirror on our way to hot tub time! This selfie is just funny to me due to both of our awkward expressions.


The last day was nice and chill.  It was quite chilly for a Caribbean vacation.  We were sailing back toward Miami and on the local news (we got Miami TV channels the whole week) they were complaining about their record low temps!  Still nice weather, but more spring like, not hot summer weather.  We tried to sit out in the sun for a bit that day, but after wrapping ourselves in towels and sweatshirts to keep warm, we decided to just stay indoors.  This was our rockiest day on boat too.  After not using my motion sickness patch for a couple of days, I decided to put one back on.
Oh the picture above was one Amanda and Brett found on the "featured wall" (ie free).  Photographers try and take your picture many times on a cruise and the prints are so crazy expensive (like would you pay $14 for a print like this??)


Last dinner!

Last weird performance by the wait staff! 
 

Last hot tub! 
 It was hard saying good bye to Amanda.  When I said good bye in December as we left VA, I knew I would see in her just a couple of months.  This time was different as I don't know when I will see her again (well hopefully we will run the princess half marathon next Feb. together!).  I love that girl so much!

Last walk down the hallway to disembark!
This cruise was everything we wanted and more.  It definitely did not disappoint.  We loved getting hang out with great friends, eat great food, experience different cultures, meet new people, and enjoy sun and warmth.  Already, we are talking about when we can do this again!

Saturday morning, I walked around the track and again enjoyed the view of the port of Miami.

Our flight once again had a layover in Orlando.  This time I had a loooong time to be jealous of people going to Disney World as our next leg kept getting delayed haha.  I was just anxious to get home.  Early church was starting to look hard knowing that we were not going to get home until 1 am. 
And even though we went to bed very late, at the first sound my kids made in the morning I was up ready to give them big hugs and kisses!  They were excited to get their souvenirs :)
 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures