Snorkeling in Belize (Cruise Part Four)
Wednesday was Belize! Again another place that Erik's mission covered. He never served there, but he visited missionaries there sometimes. This was a place that you really needed an excursion for. You dock a little bit away from the city and then take a tender boat to where you are going. We booked a snorkeling excursion, so we just took a boat right to the little island we were snorkeling from.
The winds were high that day, so the waves were choppy! I was pretty nervous about getting sick in the boat, but I picked a spot up front where I could look out the front. Again we met a nice couple that was sitting right next to us from San Diego, I saw cute pictures of their grandkids and learned about the fitness business they own.
A little nervous, but also excited!
Looking at the island we were going to- tiny!
The snorkeling was fun! We went with the beginners group and marveled at all of the beautiful reefs and colorful fish we were able to see! I had a hard time getting the rhythm down of breathing purely through my mouth, but once that was done I didn't have a problem and really enjoyed myself! One thing that would have made it better is smaller groups though. I was jostled or kicked by someone's fin a few times!
Immediately after I felt really wiped out!
Post-snorkel shot :)
The beach and water were just gorgeous! After snorkeling we bought a couple of snacks and laid in the sun/read. I think I fell asleep for a bit. It was relaxing beach perfection.
It was then time to take the boat back to the ship. I really did just have a fantastic time and was so happy I got to experience this with my wonderful husband :)
Oh gosh I really need to learn how to pose better for pictures haha
After hot tub, Amanda and I tried out the dry sauna. It was nice!
Comments