Cozumel (Cruise Part Two)
Our first port day was Cozumel, Mexico! I remembered this city from the Troupe Cabana cruise I was on in 2000 (Troupe Cabana, good times haha). Anyway, it was my favorite stop then, so I was really excited to go back. I loved seeing the sunrise over Cozumel while I took a walk/jog on the ship's track.
Picture time!
So, when you ask for Diet Coke in Mexico or Honduras, you get Coco-Cola Light which does NOT taste like Diet Coke. Apparently, I have strong feelings about Diet Coke's taste, because I was really missing it by the end of the week haha.
Oh yeah, I took a picture of the soda to show our café we found to get wifi! It was really nice to email, and text my Mom to find out what was going with the kids and her. And to instagram of course ;)
After using the sweet, sweet internet for a while we walked through the streets of Cozumel and then we took a taxi to reach our destination, a chocolate factory!
This chocolate factory was so fun! It was interesting to learn about the history of the cacao bean.
After our learning discussion, we got to grind our own cacao beans (that were dried and roasted previously).
We made our own hot chocolate discs! I just drank mine a couple of days ago and it was delicious!
I think Erik got sick of me telling him I was taking a picture all the time :)
After our chocolate tour, we stopped for a bonafide Mexican lunch. The kind of place you couldn't eat at without some Spanish speaking traveling companions (thank you Erik and Brett!).
Walking back to the port.
After getting back to the ship, we quickly claimed a comfy chair in the sun and relaxed, read, and waited for the ship to leave port.
It was fun seeing the passengers of another ship that was docked next to ours, waving to us as we left Cozumel.
Another delicious dinner. We really did go crazy with the desserts every night, but I didn't feel too bad because we always weren't drinking a million calories through alcohol like most of the passengers haha And we only took a couple of bites of each dessert, but we wanted to try them all!
We got into a great rythym of dinner, entertainment, hot tub every night. It was fantastic!
Comments