Caught Up!
For the first time in months and months, I'm caught up on this blog! Woohoo! I'm finally ordering my 2014 books (I have to print the posts on two books). I do like having these records, so that I can look back on our day to day life (no matter how exciting or boring or stressful or happy it sometimes seems)
We went to Jackson's last basketball game on Saturday. I love seeing Wyatt read his books while supporting his brother :)
The weather has been very nice and spring like which of course meant that the kids thought it was hot enough for the sprinklers, which it was not!
Occasionally, I will let the kids buy "special drinks" at Target. It was pretty cute seeing how excited Wyatt was with his the other day. I also loved his conversation while he drank it: Avengers: Age of Ultron predictions and other super hero-y talk :)
So crazy to see how big Jackson's shoes are now!
I loved Anna's outfit the other day and then realized that every piece of it was from Piper! Good thing her hand me downs are keeping Anna lookin' cute :)
We went to the rec center pool the other day. Jackson brought a friend, so I had fun watching these two play together. They were very serious about their roles as doggies.
On Saturday, Costco was doing a book signing with Brandon Mull. Jackson has read two of his books and received the Fablehaven series from Grammy and Poppy for his birthday. I knew Jackson would be happy that he got to meet him and get his books signed, so I waited in the 45 minute line and had a good time talking with Jackson. Costco was great and kept offering cookies to keep everyone happy.
I was amazed at Brandon Mull's ability to keep his smile up and treat each child that stood in line with interest and respect. He was a super nice guy!
Since Easter falls on General Conference weekend we had our Sacrament meeting Easter service this last Sunday. I must admit, I was pretty excited about the kids wearing their new Easter church clothes. I know it's not the most important thing by a long stretch, but it's still fun to take a picture of them in coordinated clothes every Spring :) Erik and I gave our first talks in this ward on Sunday too. That always feels nice to have that done with! I have to say I was grateful for the chance to prepare a talk though, I always learn so much and I loved having a refocused effort on studying the scriptures during the weeks leading up to Easter.
We had Paul, Danielle, and Brady over for dinner and had a great time with them! Paul is finishing his masters this spring and has taken a job at the lab in Livermore, so we won't get to see them as often soon. I'm pretty bummed because since moving to Utah we have finally gotten to hang out with them more than we ever had. The boys ADORE Uncle Paul too!













Comments