Our Week


A couple of Mondays ago, we drove up to Roy to hang out with the Hunts and go to Pizza Pie Café for diner.  I love the Pizza Pie Café in Rexburg in Ogden (or wherever it is up there), but the one nearest us is pretty bad.  It seemed dirty and the food was cold (bleh!).  I guess we will just be going there when visiting family from now on!

Anna and Wyatt had swim lessons last week.  Their teacher was one of my visiting teachers and she did such a great job with them!  I wanted to put them in this week to keep the momentum going, but there weren't enough spots for the both of them.  Jackson decided to not do stroke school this time, which I was fine with.  He certainly knows how to swim, and once he's ready to do swim team, I'll put him in a week's refresher course.


During their off track break, I've had homework for them to do every day (of course!).  Every day they have math, reading and then science and writing is switched off every other day.  Jackson has loved looking at pinterest for kids' science expriements.  This one was about polymer chains in plastic.



My newest idea for the kids' art projects they bring home: put 'em on the blog!  I just am not very good at finding places to store them and at least this way, I will be able to see them when they are older :)

The sheep was done by Wyatt and this picture was painted by Jackson.

I put these couches on KSL and sold them the next day!  It was a group of college students who did not care that they had holes and a couple of rips in them.  After I sold them, I realized we had actually bought them (from the people we bought our VA house for) for $50 more than these guys bought them for!
 

The only problem was after selling them, we didn't have our new couch yet!  We ordered it that night, but it took a week and a half to get here (it just arrived today! Yay!!). Let me tell you, not having a couch in the family room is suuuper annoying!

I had to go to a craft store to get some stuff for Cub Scouts and let the kids have some fun while we were there.

 



And then Jackson thought of a funny instagram post and requested I put it on :)

Another pic from swim lessons!

Our other science experiment was done with Emily Roberts and her kids!  It was so fun to see them.  The kids all played together a lot more than when we saw them in the summer, which made my visit with Emily a lot easier!

We had lunch at the house (Jimmy Johns for me and Emily and Little Cesears for the kids), hung out, then walked to the park.


It was such a fun visit!

On Friday, Asher had his birthday party.  We decided to combine that with the kids sleeping over.  I dropped them off and all three were just so excited to sleep over and not nervous about me leaving at all!
 

So I drove back down to Herriman, and Erik and I met at the movie theater. :)  We saw The Longest Ride, which if you know Erik you know a) he really enjoys Nicholas Sparks movies and b) he used to bull ride.  So pretty much, this movie was RIGHT up his alley! We had a great time.  It was pretty weird coming home though and not having to pay a babysitter and seeing the kids' rooms empty!

Oh this was a picture my Aunt Tammy posted on instagram.  Look at my cute Mom and her siblings! (she is the oldest girl on the right)

The Hunts came down and we had a nice visit.  We walked to the park (and then hitched a ride in Erik's truck).
And we got to celebrate Ashers birthday!  The camp fire cake Kaitlin made was so adorable (and delicious!).

Wyatt finally finished his Hulk Buster lego.  It was fun doing it with him-- I like Legos too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures