Conference and Easter
Conference weekend of course means food! Haha I have tried over the years to listen the junk food associated with it, but there is no getting around it's more fun to listen to conference when there is special treats too! I really enjoyed having Conference back in the morning rather than the afternoon and evening like it is in the east coast. This means that breakfast-y foods like cinnamon rolls make a little more sense!
We once again did the "Beautiful Mind" like post notes for the prophets and apostles. Each time the kids put up a post it note relating to their talk, they would get one jelly belly. Jackson saved of all of his, because he said it's a lot more fun to stuff a whole handful of jelly bellys in your mouth rather than one at a time-- I have to agree with him!
That evening we had a special treat in our activity too. Josh had gotten tickets to the hockey game at the Maverik Center and they invited us to join them! It was so much fun! We had a whole suite to ourselves, so the kids could play around and spread out.
I love Anna's little accessories she adds before leaving the house these days :)
Our selfie got photo bombed by Paul and then I didn't even recognize the bunny ears Josh was giving us until he pointed it out haha
Popcorn!
It was a very exciting game! The Salt Lake team beat the team from Alaska, so of course that was nice! Man, that game is rough though!
At one point, we walked around with the kids and ran into a couple of mascots. These kids were excited to take a picture with them (some of the others kids were NOT though!).
We got home pretty late, and then it was time to play Easter Bunny! This is of course, one of the most fun parts of being a parent! This year, we hid each of their baskets around the house for the first time.
I was so excited for Wyatt to see the Hulk Buster lego set. He wanted that soooo bad, and I thought it was pretty cool as well. Multiple times a week, Wyatt and I speculate how the fight between Hulk Buster and Hulk is going to go down in Avengers 2 ;)
And I was excited to play Ticket to Ride with Jackson! We discovered that game at my parents' house over Christmas and it so much fun! I felt pretty bad when Wyatt told me that the Easter Bunny brought Jackson an exact Hobbit Lego Set, he had already gotten for Christmas- oops! I usually buy the lego sets on clearance at Target and then save them throughout the year. I didn't know I had doubled up on one!!
I was really excited to wake up after the kids got up (which was waaaay too early!), so I made some monkey bread for an Easter/Conference breakfast. We let Erik sleep in until 9 or so. He wakes up earlier than me during the week, so I don't mind letting him sleep more than me on the weekends.
Of course, I couldn't resist taking pictures of Anna with her new dress that matches a Bitty Baby dress she got for Christmas!
For the last session, I brought up some crafts for the kids to do. They were pretty excited about them, and it was fun to listen to Conference while their hands were busy and their voices were quiet :)
I always get so excited planning Easter dessert, but then when its time to eat it, I'm way to sugared out to enjoy it. With this being a combo Easter and Conference weekend of course I was suuuper sugared out. Luckily, the people that ate this dessert said it was good though! :)
Wyatt with his new Lego guys.
Hulk, Iron Man, and Scarlet Witch.
We all went to Kathryn's house to celebrate Easter which was so much fun. I just love my siblings so much and I'm so thankful I get to see them more often! I only wish my parents and the Winsborrows and Laurel were there too!
During the Easter Egg Hunt, Wyatt discovered that his basket had a hole in it! We had to retire that fun Construction themed Easter basket this year :(
Since the Madsens already sold their house in Mapleton, this was our last time there probably. It is so gorgeous, but I know whatever house they move into next will be just as fun :)




























Comments