Animal Kingdom Day
Friday morning's gift from Mickey!
I was quite surprised that there were so many people already there waiting at rope drop. When we went in 2014 our AK day was rainy so there were like no crowds. I guess this is more of a normal Friday in February.
I didn't really good shot of this, but right before opening they released a dozen parrots up to the sky. It was really cool!
Waiting with these cuties!
We booked it straight to the Safari ride, but still had about a 30 minute wait!
This really is such a cool ride. And going on it in the morning is always best to see the most animals!
I think these were the African painted dogs which are Wyatt's favorite!
I loved seeing the baby Giraffe!
These cute little toys are all over Disney World. I thought the yeti version was hilarious!
Jackson and Erik rode Expedition Everest first and then me and Jackson went on. I tried to convince Wyatt to go on it, but he wouldn't.
Then the kids and I waited for Erik and Jackson to ride again.
Ice cream break while Erik rode with last fast pass.
Next we checked out monkeys and gorillas on the forest trail.
Up close with the hippos!
Showing me their best monkey :)
They ran into some special friends!
So I was pretty excited about our BYU wear that day. I knew other BYU fans would call us out in the park and sure enough we found several families! It was fun. Actually each day we were there I saw at least one family with BYU stuff on.
Anna and Wyatt traded pins with a nice CM.
more pressed pennies
We rode the Safari ride again. This time with a scheduled fast pass.
And then we went to the It's Tough to Be a Bug
Lunch time! The day before I canceled our Tusker House reservation. I loved Tusker House last time, but I decided we really didn't need another character buffet. I liked having the freedom of not being on the dining plan this time to just eat low key mostly with a few fun sit downs thrown in. It was definitely cheaper!
While we were waiting at the counter for our food, a CM asked us how many people were in our family. I told her 5 and she came back with 5 cupcakes! It was so fun! Especially bc we had just told the kids no soda or dessert at this meal haha
But Erik and I got our diet coke obviously ;)
Next was the Festival of the Lion King. That is an AMAZING show! It was seriously so good!! It was closed down last time, so this was our first time seeing it!
Jackson and I rode Everest one last time! It is seriously my favorite ride in all of Disney. Jackson was trying really hard to keep his eyes open for the picture. Every fast ride he just closes them tight the whole time!
I think this picture was from their first ride actually.
We ended the day at Dinoland. Jackson and I rode Primeval Whirl while Erik took Wyatt and Anna on a dumbo like dinosaur ride.
Then we all rode Dinosaur!
The last ride of the day before the park closed! We had a great day at Animal Kingdom! There is actually quite a bit we didn't get to see. It's hard to do it all when the park closes at 5! I hope to get there again sometime once they finish Avatar-land and the night show that will open this spring. It's a cool, fun park!
Favorites of the day
Comments